Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
wade

C&R Lil' Mako Sept 10, LJ

went out @ 3pm, a bit choppy at first but it flattened out later on. bait is FINALLY in!! I couldnt believe my f-ing eyes at the ff.. i was metering in 90-100' , but was getting solid readings like thick kelp forever........
had to grab my sabiki out just to make sure I wasnt crazy & was going to be hung up soon..dropped the sabiki stick and it was a solid stream of bait..Got a hold of a little mako, that was a Blast to play around with. It must have done over 15 huge jumps completly out of the water. His larger buddy/Mother was circling around me while the aerial-fight was on.. i could only get shots when i got em to the yak..SORRY..it was amazing!! Unreal sunset to enjoy tonight..Released him to enjoy it 2...

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
LakersFan

The bigger one circling would definitely be a distraction. Great choice of song on the video!.

Good thing you stayed clear of the choppers when performing the release.
LakersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
LipYanker
Have rods, will travel!

I saw the same thing on Tuesday. Didnt believe my eyes! Tons of bait in the water.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
bigbarrels

cool! It didn't bite through your leader Sounds like a blast! Was the bait spanish mackeral or greenbacks? I wonder if that was the Mako bumping the back end of Josh's hobie when I paddled up to him one afternoon I had about a 40 second hookup with that one until it bit through the leader. No acrobats but stopped messing with Josh
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
Freespool

I could hear you whoop whooping from quite a ways away. You sounded pretty stoked. I'm the dude that said hi briefly on the beach with the white Cobra Marauder. Just 2 barracuda and a small calico for me. Those greenies were definitely out there last night. I even caught one on a trolled Rapala. And that sunset was phenomenal!
Freespool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Fishing instead of attending the MLPA meeting .

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden View Post
Fishing instead of attending the MLPA meeting .
Oh man....I don't know what to say....

You Guys (the witnesses to) need to Redeem Yourself and definitely attend the Final October MLPA Meeting.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
wade

bigbarrels-
greenback.the way it hooked him , the hook protected the blackwater 35# leader from being abraded and or broken off thankfully..u can see the hook placement in one of the photos.

Oh yea Freespool..WAY STOKED!!!

tylerdurden & Billy V & all,

Sorry guys...one needs to know when to keep their fat mouth shut especially at the mlpa meetings ( aka ME )
those of you that know me, might call me over the top green , Above & beyond advocating for our sport... the problem is how I speak publicly, and would seriously bring negative reactions as well as being hauled out...
If their is any other work besides speaking ; organizing, anything, ect feel free to pm me, i would be MORE than happy to help 220%, but I feel my big fat mouth would not lend itself positively to our cause, and at this crucial stage.....Im very heated up about this to say the least.......

Last edited by wade; 09-11-2009 at 11:26 PM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
Rob929

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Oh man....I don't know what to say....

... Me either

Sure would not have seen me fishing that day.. let alone posting reports about it. To each his own I guess.

Would have been great to have more people at the meeting, especially considering the dismal turnout.

Thanks again to those who made the effort to attend, despite having to make some sacrifices, use sick/vacation days, or abandon other important responsibilities to be there.

Last edited by Rob929; 09-11-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Rob929 is offline   Reply With Quote