Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
LipYanker
Have rods, will travel!

LJ 9-08 AM

OTW by 5:30 tried to make bait near the pier, not much happenin though. Few macks in the bait tank, paddle south to the corner. Halfway there see lots of action on the fishfinder, massive baitball. Send the sabiki down for a few spanish, I think my sabiki might be a size or two too big since i'm not making bait very easily as of late. Make it over to a decent looking spot and send a huge Greenie down and much to my suprise my line starts moving, fast across my bow so i give it a few seconds hit the clicker and thumb the line a little, put the reel in gear and POP! A second later once I vent my frustration through a few colorful words I hear a strange barking (ish) sound almost like laughing. Lovely knot head, now leave me alone now so I can fish. After that nothing for a while, few calicos and I ran out of bait. Not looking forward to getting the sabiki back out I decided to throw a gulp squid around, caught some kind of barracuda looking thing, (new to fishing this coast my fish id skills are lacking) long, skinny, black lateral line, yellow tail, and teeth. Anyway, I call it a day and make the paddle in checking out the tourists at the caves as I go. I love the longing envious looks from guys in rental kayaks as rigged fishing kayaks coming in from the fishing grounds pass by them. Poor guys dont know what they are missing. Timed the surf ok, made a decent landing and back home by 1:00 pm. Only a few kayaks out and the Shogun chasing birds around. Other than that pretty quiet out there.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipYanker View Post
I love the longing envious looks from guys in rental kayaks as rigged fishing kayaks coming in from the fishing grounds pass by them. Poor guys dont know what they are missing.
classic! so true.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipYanker View Post
Only a few kayaks out and the Shogun chasing birds around.
??? odd i saw the shogun in the area the other night....they looked lost (drifted into the kelp) then took off...well after some forward reverse action to clear the props They drove around in circles for a while then anchored on a well known structured about a mile due north of the corner....I can't imagine a charter captain wasting fuel like that chasing schools of locus yt's around when there are 60lb yf offshore??maybe they had there limit??? damn I wish i had a radio..wait am i talking to myself again???
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote