Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
sbsyncro

LJ this Saturday?

I'm going to be down SD-way this week on business (Wed-Friday) and decided to drive my truck down to extend the stay through the weekend and do a bit of fishing SD-style (things have been REEEEEEEL slow up SB way lately....)

I'll be staying in Del Mar Heights and was wondering if anyone would be interested in letting me tag along Saturday morning somewhere.

I'm planning to pack in as much fishing as possible (but bringing the surf yak just in case...). My plan is to hit LJ early Saturday AM, then move to the Bay in the afternoon for some bass action (maybe some flatties...). I'm changing to a downtown hotel for Saturday night so I can hit the Bay again Sunday morning before heading home around noon.

I might even try to squeeze in some early AM fishing before meetings start Thurs & Fri...

Any tips or offers to let me tag along would be much appreciated!

-Brent
Santa Barbara
sbsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
rogersmith

Brent
Also keep in mind a smaller tournament in Mission Bay Saturday night, BBQ before

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=5799
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
sbsyncro

Cool, thanks - just posted there as well. A night tourney sounds like fun - I've never done either (bay bass fishing at night or a tourney)

-Brent
sbsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Whizz Bang

ALL day at La Jolla, then hit up that evening Tournament. Not alot of yellowtail being pulled out of the bay recently...I know because I've been reading the posted fish reports...nothing. And big halibut can be had in La Jolla (read Fish of a lifetime, and LJ halibut on this site).

Im fishing either Sat or Sun, if its Sat you are welcome to join me. I CANT get away with a Sat all day...I usually wrap up early afternoon just to keep my wife from serving me papers. In fact I will be fishing LJ tomorrow and Thur as well (taking some vacation time to do so). I have yet to launch in the bay....no interest, I get a chance to hit the water and my thoughts can't help but turn to La Jolla. Ive been hitting it pretty hard (avg 3 days a week) for the last couple of months, and have had some success, in fact, 17lbs of that success happened yesterday and is icing down in my cooler as I write this.

PM me if interested.

Eric
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote