Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Kaijuu
"Floater"

I Got Schooled

Went out with the teacher again. Calm seas and light wind to begin the day. Drift went from .3mph to almost 2mph at times. I couldn't get bit by by the mackies let alone a dinner fish. I didn't study again.

Teacher had better luck at both the bait and dinner. Hooks up early, almost gets spooled and ends up with a 54" Ghost dinner. Fish took two big runs and gives up.

Had to chop the fish in two pieces to fit in the fish bag. I knew it would be too short.

Teacher was kind enough to share the feast, Thank You!

I made one of Yanni's recipes and it came out great. Recipe called for 400 degrees in the oven which would have made my house 150 degrees so I tossed the bags on the barbie instead. Had some friends over that were leaving for school. Yummy!

Guess I'll have to study harder. Thanks Teach.

Teacher; If you need anything else made, just let me know. As always, a pleasure bobbing around with you.

P.S. I may try again tomorrow while you're at school. Extra credit?
Kaijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
Geno Machino
"Relax"

At least you had some super tasty fillets!!!

You'll get'um next time!1

Thx for the report!

Geno

Geno Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
kayakfisherman

Kaijuu,

I'm honored you tried my recipe for wsb!!

You've got a great teacher, keep at it.

I can't wait to try your smart method of cooking
the pouch on the grill. Thanks again.
kayakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #4
Maxfli123

After our chat this evening I'd say you deserve an A+, I say you've been taking notes (: Glad you enjoyed the fish, it sure was tasty. I'm looking to find a bag like the one you have I like how cold the fish was when we returned...and it sure was funny watching all the rubber neckers as you fileted that beast on the bed of your truck!!! Them ghost have skin tough as nails(and the scales don't help)...thanks to your clip no gaff needed to land that ghost. Hopefully Sunday I can sneak out for a mid morning session I have an itch for some tail!!! Let's go get em!!!
Maxfli123 is offline   Reply With Quote