Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

La Jolla Fri. the 9th

Conditions at La Jolla today. It SUCKED today. Windy and bumpy with a Little swell. There was crap in the water everwhere. The cleanist water was around the corner and to the south. No birds. No bait balls at the corner not even a single seal to steal your bait. The worst part no fish not even any bonito. Its like the fish just took off and left. Most people quit fishing by 10a.m. I stuck out until 12:30 or so all the boats were gone by then I was proabably one of the last one's off the water today. I took the day off today to miss the weekend crowds. Should of stayed home and walked the dog or something. O" well at least I was not at work. Hope the conditions change for tommow. I might hit Sunday if things change. Good Luck. Jim
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
dmr

Thanks for the report. It helps me decide between tomorrow and Sunday. The wind was really up early today. I think I'll check the wind in the morning for the final decision.
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
blackcloud9
Kayaker

Fished Thurs evening 5 to 8 pm. Very slow for all, no current, 6 kayaks 2 boats, bait was fairly easy in 60'.
blackcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:38 AM   #4
Aaron&Julie

We were out Friday, also. Ditto what Jim said, although Aaron had 1 good pickup that may have been the right kind. It took the bait clean, with no seal in sight.