Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
Dan

6/6/6 The number of the bone.

Launched in the dark. Plenty of green bait at the pier, just about the only place there was bait all morning long. At grey light one of my baits gets lit up. Put it in gear and game on! Felt scrappy! Making progress, and then I hear HIM. Game over. I'm left with a huge bonito head (likely 10+ pounds :cry: ) , a burley tangle of spectra, and a new best friend.

Finally shook the dog and retied, so I put some new baits out. Trolled south around the point in ~70ft of water. Had a couple of rips on my baits, but they looked like short bonie bites. Quickly shredded all my baits. Started chucking the surface iron at the bonito boils and puddling on the surface. Ended up getting one to stick and bounced him in. A cast and a couple of cranks at some puddling produced a nice swirl on the surface and the rod loaded up! Put the screws to this guy thinking big boney, but he came up yellow....not big, but I forgot my lunch today and he looked so tasty!

BTW, Water 68 Degrees, Water was nice and deep blue, not much current, still light winds at 10:30AM. Saw a couple of other small tails landed.

Gotta love the swagger of da Jimi Jig......
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
Aaron&Julie

Nice job, Dan. Way to put some fish on da yak.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Ryan The Sealion

my buddies 1st yak YT I had fun making his bait, loning him gear, and finding him a yak to borrow :roll: :lol: mine was 6-15 and his was 9-6...nice glassy day out there..o and he dunked my avet and calcuta in 2ft surf on the way in, but it was worth the laugh :lol:
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
Ryan The Sealion

woops on the double post.. I thought they'd look bigger the 2nd time :roll:
Old 06-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Dan

knew you'd get one.....good for your buddy.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
Ryan The Sealion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
knew you'd get one.....good for your buddy.
thanx dan! yeah that lil peanut actually pulled alright...thought about letting him go, but I am out of c-bass in the freeze..after I got mine we were gonna bounce and as my friend stops to wind his bait in, he gets nailed on the surface!! by the boil we thought it was gonna be a big fish.. that thing pushed some serious water for his size!