Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
Gettinuglysson
Newb

LB Harbor 6-7-06

got off work early today at 12:15 and headed home to load up my kayak. headed down to belmont shores and launched my kayak around 3:00pm. headed out and got some dines from nacho and he had the SQUID sign up. he said he had a bunch of it.

anyway, i'm tired, so i'll make this short. i fished until 7:00pm for 1 short halibut (probably my personal best for shorts) and 1 sandbass. had a couple of raked baits as well. pictures below.

the water felt VERY warm; i'd guess high 60's. and i didn't see any signs red tide which was VERY nice.

had a nice little show from some dolphin on the way in as well. that was a nice surprise.

dophin pictures:

while drifting toward chaffee a large boat anchored in my drifting path. then another boat came over with one of those oversized triangular balloons. you know, the kind that SCREAMS: sailboats are coming, keep your eyes and ears peeled!!!!! well, the driver of the smaller boat (pictures below) tells me that a whole bunch of sailboats will be there very soon. my response was, "tell them not to hit me." he thought i was kidding. then i hear the guy in the bigger boat on the radio telling the other boat that he should warn me about the sailboats coming. he inform him of my statement. then i got on the radio to let them know i could hear them (i carry a handheld) and told them that i wasn't kidding and if they came anywhere near me i'd call the coastguard. lucky for them they stayed on the outside of chaffee and i was drifing on the inside. summer time is here again and the return of the sailboaters has begun. it's only gonna get worse. x(

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon [/img]
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Great report, and pics, the Dolphin air shots are really cool.

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote