Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
skiffman

L.J. 06/06/06 A.M.

Nice gray morning with a little bit of surf and slight south wind. 06:15
Water 68 - 69 and nice clean green. Made one spanish just past the can and didn't find any more but I didn't look very hard either. Not alot of life other than the sea lions. Went and fished calicos for awhile and caught 6 in short order along with a bruiser greenback. Went outside and saw Arne. Pinned on the small spanish only to have it picked by a little sea dog. Went outside of horseshoe and pinned on the maczilla and got bit almost instantly. Different fight, up, down and then out and up on the surface and then down again. If it was a bonito it was large. It was the right kind. 34" and 17lbs of Yellowtail. Hook of choice, Hayabusa 2/0 CIRCLE HOOK, model # 187711. :P :lol: Saw one other caught by yakker for his first yak yellow. He was stoked. Back on the beach at 10:00.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Dan

Nice Kelvin,

you got the biggin of the bunch this morning.....congrats.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
Arne

Good seein' you out there Kelvin - you got the only biggun' today that I saw. Sorry I couldn't take a pic - I've got to get a new camera. Dan and Ryan picked up a couple runts - last time I saw yellows that small I was sticking 'em with a gaff ... or was that Brad ? I stuck it out until my bait tank died around 10:30. With the dogs and bonies out there you just can't have enough bait.

Not much bait anywhere except the pier. Lots of monster greenie and boney boils around 110 feet just south of the wsb spot chasing some tiny fishies. I think all the yellers were caught farther south.

Almost no wind and some nice big swells. Finally stuck one boney ... unfortunately in the eyeball. Released him to swim in circles. I can't remember the last time I caught a real fish.

Fantastic day for a paddle.
Arne