Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 09-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #1
stoned-trout

reel repairs needed

can anyone recommend a shop near normal heights san diego....quantum catylist ct40pti occasional anti reverse failure,,,,Shakespeare tidewater freeliner tws50fl need to be partially reassembled ...I am having issues with 3 parts after trying to clean and grease/oil it, and a tidewater t20lo that has drag issues...thanks .....
stoned-trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
WARRIORMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned-trout View Post
can anyone recommend a shop near normal heights san diego....quantum catylist ct40pti occasional anti reverse failure,,,,Shakespeare tidewater freeliner tws50fl need to be partially reassembled ...I am having issues with 3 parts after trying to clean and grease/oil it, and a tidewater t20lo that has drag issues...thanks .....

Mail them to SAV-On tackle in Santa Fe Springs
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #3
summers in kuwait

Recently I've been trying to utilize Alan Tani's website and do some things myself, when applicable.

But squidco is a great shop for reel repairs.
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
sculpins4bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers in kuwait View Post
Recently I've been trying to utilize Alan Tani's website and do some things myself, when applicable.

But squidco is a great shop for reel repairs.
squidco is great for that but last I checked theyre backed up and had a very long wait, 1-2 months. Alan Tanis tutorials are very helpful as are youtube videos if its a popular reel. Otherwise just use the schematic u can find online and take alot of pics during dissasembly. Helps to know your reels if you're a kayak fisherman.
sculpins4bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
summers in kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculpins4bait View Post
squidco is great for that but last I checked theyre backed up and had a very long wait, 1-2 months. Alan Tanis tutorials are very helpful as are youtube videos if its a popular reel. Otherwise just use the schematic u can find online and take alot of pics during dissasembly. Helps to know your reels if you're a kayak fisherman.
True. They can take a little while, especially if they have to order parts and I bet they are really busy during this season.
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
buddha

call glenn pamaran at reel connection 619 429 0997 he will do it faster than squidco and has over 20 years of experience for shimano as a certified reel technician.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:53 PM   #7
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

x2 when it comes to Shimano repairs, Glenn is the man he's who Shimano sends their reels to!!!
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #8
FARRIER

alan tani has step by step guides. You can update your drags and bearings for the price you would pay for repairs and learn a lot about your reels too. Learning how to take them down teaches you how to do a "field strip" vs a full end of season teardown. I would really suggest it. Or you can bribe people with beers and take em to their house with the parts.....
Old 10-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #9
Cubanaso
Junior

Another vote for Alan Tani's site. very helpful and loaded with knowledgeable people willing to help.
Cubanaso is offline   Reply With Quote