Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
Sdspeed

LJ Construction Update: 5/21/2014

I got this from the city late last night.

The concrete pour of the street, curb and gutter on Avenida De La Playa has been taking place for the past couple of days. The concrete needs to cure and pass pressure testing before the street will be reopened to traffic. There is a very good possibility that the curing is going to continue through the Memorial Holiday weekend and will remain off limits to vehicles until Tuesday. For the time being, keep an eye on street closure and detour signs and also watch for an email late Friday afternoon for an update on the results of the latest pressure test.
The La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club has been very understanding of the concrete curing situation and will extend parking privileges to the residents of 2110 and 2120 Avenida De La Playa through Memorial Day.
The water main that runs to the intersection of Avenida De La Playa and Camino Del Sol has been reconnected. When it passes bacteria testing it will be put into service and highlines will be removed.
The Sea Shell finish for the outfall structure will continue through May 22 and work crews will demobilize from the outfall/boardwalk area on Friday, May 23.
Concern has been raised by beachgoers and the kayak vendors about debris in the sand at the outfall structure. The contractor will knock down the berm in that area by the end of this week and will sift through the sand to remove the debris.

For Group Job 809, sewer main and lateral installation on Paseo Del Ocaso from Avenida De La Playa to Vallecitos will continue through Friday, May 23. The contractor has assigned extra crews to finish the work and clean up the street before the start of the Holiday weekend.
On Tuesday, May 27, construction activity for Group Job 809 will shift to the east of La Jolla Shores Drive on Vallecitos, Avenida De La Playa and Paseo Dorado. On Tuesday, May 20, Notices of Construction were distributed to houses on those streets that are within 300 feet of the upcoming work.

Last edited by Sdspeed; 05-21-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:29 AM   #2
TJones

ahead of schedule ?

thanks for you time and effort . how did you manage getting direct information from them so rapidly ?
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Joctane
H2Okie Fanatic

Nice. Can't wait to finally start taking the PA out. Didn't feel like navigating through people and lugging that load off the beach. I can finally be lazy and drop that sucker right on the sand. This will also allow us to start watching people getting stuck in the sand again, myself included (I knew I should have paid extra for 4wd on my truck)
Old 05-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
FISH11

Thanks for the update. Sounds like next week after Teusday things will be closer to normal. It sure is nice to be able to unload and re-load right on the sand, can't wait.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
CKallday71

Phenominal! That means that the first week of June it sould be cleaned up for me!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
driftwood

feel free to use the launch its open now.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
bolocop

Awesome! It looks great on the webcam, couldn't tell if the launch was open though. Thanks for the info!
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote