Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
LBKayakDude

La Jolla Feb 6...

Hey all. I wasn't gonna post a report since we didn't land much in the way of fish but I took a bunch of pics so might as well put em to use. Me and my buddy hit la jolla early yesterday. Paddled out at first light. Just after the marine buoys we were instantly surrounded by intense heavy fog. The one yaker who was behind us quickly disappeared. Not even 50 yrds away and you couldn't see anything. We slowly kept paddling and very quickly the point on left dissappears. Now we're out atleast a mile and a half, completely surrounded by fog on all sides, quiet and eery and no others in sight. We stop paddling and try to get our bearings.

I'm still waiting for dragonfly 4 to ship, we have no fish finder yet so I'm on my phone using Google maps and realize we are basically in the right spot but not out far enough, just can't see s#!t. We weren't ready to just paddle out to sea with the fog being so gnarly. Only sign of shore was the faint sound of waves crashing on the point. Absolute zero visibility couldn't really even see the sun until about 9-10 am. My buddy Thomas throws out his crocodile by some lobster traps as we're kind of floating around and instantly hooks a plump 12" calico and a 16" barracuda. Good sign for the day? We thought so but I'll tell u now they were the only fish we hooked that day.

Anyways after a couple hours of this the fog slightly clears, we find a few other yakers eventually and then all over again, they all dissappear and we're surrounded by fog completely. Finally by roughly 10:30 ish the fog burns off and we see the yakers and boaters all way out another mile atleast so we head out and yoyo all over the place with no luck.

Had a great time out in the sun and farted around until eventually we head in early afternoon, checked out the caves and arrive on shore. All in all we had a great time, new lessons learned as always and can't wait for my fish finder to arrive 😁 Here's a few pics I took. They're a little hazy as I had my phone in waterproof case. Watch out for that fog! Cheers 🍻

LBKayakDude is offline   Reply With Quote