Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #1
BillzBaitz

Dragonfly??

Has anyone mounted one of these on a pro angler? Will the transducer fit in the mounting plate?
BillzBaitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillzBaitz View Post
Has anyone mounted one of these on a pro angler? Will the transducer fit in the mounting plate?
I saw one at OEX, 99.99999999999999999999% positive it doesn't
Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Siebler

I am going to go with no but that doesnt mean there arnt other ways of making it work through a scupper or something. I ran into the same issue while installing one on my Ride 115X yesterday but still got it to work.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
BillzBaitz

looks pretty clean on the one you installed yesterday.. I guess i would have the issue with it hanging down when i beach or boat ramp launching and landing.. guess i will keep looking..
Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
Reel_Fishy
Junior

It fits....with a little modification. Just remove the tabs from the inside of the retaining plate and it will stay in place. I bought my PA14 from Fastlane and had Bailey do the install and it was a cinch. I've been using it on my PA14 for a few months and am really pleased with it. Screen is super bright in daylight and the downscan imaging is pretty impressive.

raymarine transducer 1.jpg

transducer 2.jpg

Last edited by Reel_Fishy; 02-12-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Reel_Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #6
bassmanben
Junior

Thanks. Are the PA lowrance ready slots the same size as a 2014 Hobie Revo?
bassmanben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
Siebler

Very glad to see it fits. Thought for sure that the transducer would be too long but didnt have a PA to look at and check. Very nice.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
BillzBaitz

Wow thats impressive.. so the transducer is just sitting on the plate? no screws holding it in place..
Old 02-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
Reel_Fishy
Junior

Quote:
Wow thats impressive.. so the transducer is just sitting on the plate? no screws holding it in place..
Pretty much....it's actually fairly secure just from the pressure of the plate. It hasn't moved since it was installed, though I'm sure you can probably secure it further with some type of marine compound if necessary.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #10
BillzBaitz

Thanks Reel Fishy.. I think you just sold another Dragonfly for Raymarine.. Now i cant decide if Ishould wait for the Dragonfly 7 to come out to see if the 5 goes down alittle or maybe save up and just get the 7
Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
Reel_Fishy
Junior

Quote:
Thanks Reel Fishy.. I think you just sold another Dragonfly for Raymarine.. Now i cant decide if Ishould wait for the Dragonfly 7 to come out to see if the 5 goes down alittle or maybe save up and just get the 7
No problem! Only thing I would mention is that the Dragonfly screen is so bright that it draws alot of juice. Make sure your battery is fully charged before you go out or you might notice a decline in performance. I ended up buying a trickle charger to maintain full capacity/voltage to ensure performance throughout the day. I also invested in a backup battery in case I go out for long sessions this summer.

BTW, I bought my Dragonfly from West Marine for $549 on sale recently....so you might want to watch their ads in case it pops back up.

Did you just say Dragonfly 7?! Hmmmm.......I might have a Dragonfly 5 up for sale pretty soon.

Brian
Old 02-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #12
BillzBaitz

yeah i saw an add in the latest edition on Bassmaster magazine.. But I havent see anything online about it.

I might hold out for the Fred Hall show to see if they will have it there