Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
THE DARKHORSE

Staying afloat...

Staying afloat isn't much of a challenge, but this day proved otherwise.

The process of strapping a fifty pound White Seabass to the back of the Revolution is quite easy most of the time. By using the rudder strap to simply hold the tail in place works quite well and provides a secure platform for the happy pedal home. The process of finding that particular grade of fish proposes the greatest challenge, I'm sure most others would agree. The game of hide and seek is something I've grown to love and that thrill of victory makes all the hard work worthwhile. On this particular day I did something I've never done and something I'll never do again. I used my rudder strap to tie up my rear toggle, in an effort to stop that annoying occasional bump sound (while trying to be deathly quiet ). After some maneuvering with my gaff I managed to "eventually" secure my new trophy.

The ride home was more fun than usual while doing my new favorite kayak maneuve, the wheelie . A maneuver made possible thanks to this 55.5 lbs of post-spawn fury, measuring 56".