Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2016, 05:32 PM   #1
HobieOneCanoebe

Flying fish Flying sharks and calicos

Went out last weekend on Fathers day around 2pm looking to get some yt to BBQ up on the beach.
Started out at table tops and made my way parallel to the beach and into my favorite channel out there the tide was pretty low and I almost dry docked my self checking out one of the big tabletop reefs on the way out lol
Saw a couple kids fishing the inside reef on a little paddle board and decided to drop my sabiki down got a barelycudda almost instantly.
After that I decided to make the paddle out about a mile to the kelp, when I was coming up on it maybe a couple hundred yards away I saw a nice sized mako go fully airborn ass over tea kettle so I paddled over to drop a on his head.
I was tieing on my surface iron in dead calm water when this mako decided to do another full flip 3 feet away from my yak I got a better look it was about a 4-5 foot mako just showing off for me.
Threw out my crocodile a few times after no luck with the iron and landed a nice calico all the way out there, once that happened I started throwing the 4" fish trap and hooked into a school of giant mackies.
At that point I did another hour or two of slow trolling a mackie and saw a school of flying fish being chased through the kelp good sign for this time of year, but I was good and tired so I headed in caught like 4 more calico on the inside and called it a day.
HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote