Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
matthew7!

3/15 La Jolla

Went straight out to two hundred feet of water a drifted all day one fish of the vertical jig and the rest on shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matthew7! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
LakersFan

Pretty Fish!
LakersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #3
FISH11

Looks like conditions were better than the wind forecast predicted. Nice rock fish. Hopping for a good day tomorrow out there before the next storm rolls in. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:39 PM   #4
matthew7!

Wind was real calm the only time it picked up was while in rained for a half hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matthew7! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:39 AM   #5
Udine219
Banned

Looks great
Udine219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #6
baileybikes

Nothing too fishy for me..but caught a damn fine sunset!

Not that I like Corona..
Attached Images

baileybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:32 AM   #7
FISH11

Went out on Monday the 16th and launched at 6:35am, because the forecast was for less wind than on Sunday. I should have known, as often happens it's like the forecast was reversed. Monday started out good the less than 1" surf and very low wind, but by 8:30 the clouds got darker a sprinkle came in and the wind picked up. The sprinkle only lasted maybe 40 minutes but the wind continued to grow and with it so did the chop. At the start I went in close to the Condo in shallow water because at the end of last week's trip that is were I saw fin bait. As I got closer there were hundreds of sea gulls diving and sitting in that area. Had the sabiki out but nothing, then I notice that gulls diving close to me are getting red crabs. I quickly realize that what on the FF screen is as has been normal huge clouds of red crab. I start dropping a Colt Sniper hopping for some larger fish in the mix and end up getting a Calico and released it. Made my way out to deeper water so I could troll A Rapala deep diving Greenback Mac at the same time. I continued west to 205' trolling both the sabiki hopping to find some macs for live bait and the Rapala for some Calicos of Yellowtail. The whole time keeping an eye on the FF for bottom structure to drop jigs on. Found very few which was unusual even on waypoints I had from long ago. The wind made it very choppy and very hard to hold any point on top of structure. Did not have any luck using Colt Sniper, Flat Fall jigs even one with a squid pattern. Came back in around 1:30pm because it was just getting like a small craft warning out past the point. It turned out to be a lousy fishing day but as alway a good time just being out and enjoying the experience of being out on my kayak at La Jolla and of course drinking some beers. To me that is always the important part to remember, so you have a good time and not get all hung up on the fishing, that can ruing a good day.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #8
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileybikes View Post
Nothing too fishy for me..but caught a damn fine sunset!

Not that I like Corona..
That's a beautiful shot!
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote