Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
yaksailor

Yeah, the thing about a Hobie is that it has more moving parts, which means more things to go wrong. Obviously, I don't realize this, since I own 2. Maybe for spare parts?

-Definitely carry a spare rudder pin. I had one break while using a large sail rudder while camping. Luckily, I had another Revo to swipe one from.

-On the same trip, the split ring on my Mirage drive fin pin broke, the pin came out, and I had to use paddle power for the rest of the day.

-I always carry scupper plugs, since I loosen them during launch and sometimes they get lost.

-I've broke 3 pairs of Hobie paddles, always during launch. It's not fun to land with half a paddle. Shoot, I only have Bending Branches now.

-Phillips screwdriver to replace a broken rudder, or change to a sail rudder. Also, to tighten up the steering braid. Pliers help.

-Steering cord, just in case. This would be a major pain to change at a campsite, let alone a garage with proper tools.

-Those little quarter-turn quick-release hubs on the Wheeleez Hobie-Trax 22cm wheels. They break if you look at them funny. Cool concept though. The whole cart breaks down and fits in under the deck.

-Spare Wheeleez tire, since they pop if you turn a corner too fast..

-Toothbrush and terminal cleaner

-Hex key to tighten the steering knob. Of course, if your steering stem gets so loose that it falls into the hull, it's too late!
yaksailor is offline   Reply With Quote