Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
Whizz Bang

Yep

Danno,

Compared to the last few days, tomorrow will be bigger. 2-3 feet with the wind adding on top of that. If you plan on getting off the water early, you are good. Is it doable, of course. However, I am not a fan of short interval sets if I have a choice. Friday the swell continues and then tapers off.

George,

I live 35 minutes from LJ, quite a bit closer than you I believe. I have two small children, and I am active duty military. I spend almost as much time away as I am home. Some of that time has actually been spent dodging bullets, not drywall, deeds, dry-erase boards, debutantes, or whatever it is that you do (no offense, I really don't care either). When I fish during the week day, I use a vacation day, you might care about that, considering your tax dollars pay for it, thank you for that.

My point stands. I would rather take a day during the week when possible, than cut my weekend in half and lose that time with my family. This is compounded by the fact that I do not enjoy having my lines ran over by twin four-stroke Yamahas a dozen times or so in the desperate search for the elusive solitary school of YT that is not running scared for their lives.

Cough, cough, snivel, snivel, I suggest you call in sick. Summer time, you got to love it.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizz Bang View Post
Danno,

Compared to the last few days, tomorrow will be bigger. 2-3 feet with the wind adding on top of that. If you plan on getting off the water early, you are good. Is it doable, of course. However, I am not a fan of short interval sets if I have a choice. Friday the swell continues and then tapers off.

George,

I live 35 minutes from LJ, quite a bit closer than you I believe. I have two small children, and I am active duty military. I spend almost as much time away as I am home. Some of that time has actually been spent dodging bullets, not drywall, deeds, dry-erase boards, debutantes, or whatever it is that you do (no offense, I really don't care either). When I fish during the week day, I use a vacation day, you might care about that, considering your tax dollars pay for it, thank you for that.

My point stands. I would rather take a day during the week when possible, than cut my weekend in half and lose that time with my family. This is compounded by the fact that I do not enjoy having my lines ran over by twin four-stroke Yamahas a dozen times or so in the desperate search for the elusive solitary school of YT that is not running scared for their lives.

Cough, cough, snivel, snivel, I suggest you call in sick. Summer time, you got to love it.
I might have to take you up on that cough, snivel one day

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
bigbarrels

glad you came out unscathed......must of been a bit of a pucker factor
Old 06-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #4
Whizz Bang

Thanks Tom. I would have preferred it was a Mola or a Buff, but the lack of Sea Lions was much appreciated. Do not wait to make your bait on the corner, the Macs are the size of bonito out there.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizz Bang View Post
the desperate search for the elusive solitary school of YT that is not running scared for their lives.

We all have our reasons for not being able to get out on the water. Success stories and strong efforts like yours help get us by in between our own launches. Thanks for the write up! Great job. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote