Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
jorluivil

WTB *But I Need Your Help*

I'm finally going to take the plunge and buy me a Lowrance HDS5(gen1 new). Anyone know of any stores that have floor models, open box or closeouts for sale?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I'm finally going to take the plunge and buy me a Lowrance HDS5(gen1 new). Anyone know of any stores that have floor models, open box or closeouts for sale?
Tough request , this is the best icould come up with and not knowing marine electronics I'm not sure it's what your looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lowrance-HDS...item27c92fec23
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
jorluivil

With GPS
Not concerned about transducer but prefer the 50/200
warranty is a huge plus

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
danjor

Best option is when west marine has them on sale along with a lowrance mail in rebate. Have bass pro price match west marines sale price with the 10% discount code on top of that. Than pay using bass pro gift cards that you bought online for 13% off retail. So $649 retail. West marines sales are norm $150 off when they have them that would bring it to $500 than 10% off so $450 then bass pro gift cards brings it to $391 and than $100 rebate they norm have at same time as west marine sale brings it to a grand total of $330 including tax for a brand new HDS 5 gen 2. Oh and if you sign up for there credit card at same time they norm will give you another $100 off so if your lucky you could get it for $230!! If following lowrances pattern there next rebate sale should be this summer when this occurs if you want to wait. By the way this is how I got my HDS 7 except I didn't get the credit card, found out about that after
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
oneyedeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
Best option is when west marine has them on sale along with a lowrance mail in rebate. Have bass pro price match west marines sale price with the 10% discount code on top of that. Than pay using bass pro gift cards that you bought online for 13% off retail. So $649 retail. West marines sales are norm $150 off when they have them that would bring it to $500 than 10% off so $450 then bass pro gift cards brings it to $391 and than $100 rebate they norm have at same time as west marine sale brings it to a grand total of $330 including tax for a brand new HDS 5 gen 2. Oh and if you sign up for there credit card at same time they norm will give you another $100 off so if your lucky you could get it for $230!! If following lowrances pattern there next rebate sale should be this summer when this occurs if you want to wait. By the way this is how I got my HDS 7 except I didn't get the credit card, found out about that after
X2
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
StinkyMatt

Dude, the way you shop, you should take all of our wives shopping. You could save us a bunch of money.

That is some nifty work there to save a bunch of money.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

I know a guy down by the docks, do you care if it "fell off the back of a truck"

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #8
j mo

exactly what he said ^ but be aware that West Marine is going to STOP THEIR PRICE MATCHING POLICY MARCH 1st.

They will no longer match internet pricing and only honor legitimate "brick's and mortar" competitors.

So get on on it quick and call your local WMAR and see if they even have those old HDS5 in stock, if they do have them hold it for you and then bring in the printout of the lowest price you find on the net ( cant be a refurb), use the lowrance mail in rebate and your golden....

Whatever you do make sure you buy the extended warranty bc your unit WILL FAIL.

Im on my second HDS5 in less than 2 years. The nice thing about technology is that it generally gets better and cheaper. The warranty is good for the Dollar amount you pay at the time of purchase so if your goes bad two years down the road ,chances are that you will be able to get a "free upgrade" just by virtue of moores law.

you can use the money you save to buy some braces for your lady friend...
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
exactly what he said ^ but be aware that West Marine is going to STOP THEIR PRICE MATCHING POLICY MARCH 1st.

They will no longer match internet pricing and only honor legitimate "brick's and mortar" competitors.

So get on on it quick and call your local WMAR and see if they even have those old HDS5 in stock, if they do have them hold it for you and then bring in the printout of the lowest price you find on the net ( cant be a refurb), use the lowrance mail in rebate and your golden....

Whatever you do make sure you buy the extended warranty bc your unit WILL FAIL.

Im on my second HDS5 in less than 2 years. The nice thing about technology is that it generally gets better and cheaper. The warranty is good for the Dollar amount you pay at the time of purchase so if your goes bad two years down the road ,chances are that you will be able to get a "free upgrade" just by virtue of moores law.

you can use the money you save to buy some braces for your lady friend...

I was saying use bass pros price matching otherwise it would not work as well. And I have insurance threw square trade. There insurance is great, the only thing it doesn't cover is theft but car insurance/ home owners or renters should cover theft.

I recently tried to do this with new suspension for my truck. I tried to get 4wheelparts to price match Toyota of Dallas and use a 10% off coupon on top of that. The manager denied the price match due to the out the door price being a couple hundred dollars under what they get them for lol so just got it from Toyota of Dallas on sale with a 10% off coupon on top of that, ended up saving like 40% or something like that. Haha coupons for the win! Now if only I could catch anything at La Jolla

Last edited by danjor; 02-15-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
With GPS
Not concerned about transducer but prefer the 50/200
warranty is a huge plus
What's your price range (if you have one?).
He's the elite-5 DSI/GPS I bought before Xmas for under $400! The seller has since gotten smart and it's now $469.90 ; http://www.ebay.com/itm/330850143202...84.m1438.l2649

If you want/can spend more here's an HDS-7 with an 83/200khz transducer...; this seller provides a contact # for quotes on other models. If you're dead set on a HDS-5 give hm a call and see if he has what you want.n
Good Luck.

btw: didn't you post a notice last year about meeting @ cabrillo to fish and test "your new FF?" (or am I having a 'senior' moment.) LMAO .
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
kaya_one

Found this on Westmarine when I was looking at Elite 5.

West Marine's Lowrance Ultimate Upgrade Rebate!

Get up to $450 Back Via Visa Prepaid Card with Mail-In Rebate on Select* Lowrance Products
$300 Rebate - Purchase any HDS Gen2 Unit** + 1 of the following three items:
(StructureScan HD #000-10800-001, Broadband 3G Radar #000-10418-001, Broadband 4G Radar #000-10419-001)
$150 Rebate - Purchase 1 of the following items:
(StructureScan HD #000-10800-001, Broadband 3G Radar #000-10418-001, Broadband 4G Radar #000-10419-001)
$100 Rebate - Purchase 1 of the following items:
(Elite-5 #000-00104-001, Elite-5 Gold #000-00144-001)
*Valid for listed models only.
**Not valid for HDS Gen2 Touch Units or bundle packs with StructureScan HD . Individual HDS
Gen2 units do not qualify for the $300 rebate.

February 14, 2013 - April 7, 2013

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...5#.USRKH2fybgU
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
kaya_one

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
That is amazing stuff right there. Looking into it now. Thanks! I had a girl friend of mine say that when she bought from a sale she "earned" money that day.
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
Baja_Traveler

Just beware West Marine "Manager Specials" as opposed to sales. Lowrance will reject any rebate for units purchased at West Marine - message will come back as "Unauthorized Dealer".
I went round and round with Lowrance on this and got nothing out of it for my HDS 7. Seems WM is giving you the rebate right up front and calling it a "Special" without Lowrance's blessing and not telling the customer that fact - then they feel screwed when the rebate gets rejected.
When I explained to the Lowrance rep that a bunch of guys were simply getting Bass Pro to price match and then getting the rebate he called them cheaters.
I say screw em and cheat if thats what they want to call it.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #14
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
Just beware West Marine "Manager Specials" as opposed to sales. Lowrance will reject any rebate for units purchased at West Marine - message will come back as "Unauthorized Dealer".
I went round and round with Lowrance on this and got nothing out of it for my HDS 7. Seems WM is giving you the rebate right up front and calling it a "Special" without Lowrance's blessing and not telling the customer that fact - then they feel screwed when the rebate gets rejected.
When I explained to the Lowrance rep that a bunch of guys were simply getting Bass Pro to price match and then getting the rebate he called them cheaters.
I say screw em and cheat if thats what they want to call it.
It is not cheating it is bass pro policy! And bass pro will price match west marines special with the 10% west marine discount code/coupon on top of the special price.