Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
buddha

Night fishing picnic at Tidelands

Ok it looks like we should have enough people for me to cook up some brisket for the party. Here are the details of the party.

I will cook the brisket for the bbq and we will split the costs of it. My costs to cook a 10 lb. brisket which can feed 5 to 8 maybe 10 people depending on how big your appetites are is 60 bucks which will cover the brisket at 4 dollars a lb. charcoal, spices and sauces. I am not making any money on this deal at all, those are my costs and considering the time I have to spend I am doing it just for the enjoyment of having like minded folks sharing in fishing and good bbq.

So depending on how many show up I figure it will be about 12 bucks/per person.

I will bring some skillet potatoes also. Everyone can either bring a side dish or a dessert or those that are culinary challenged can bring some paper plates, forks, knives, etc. Just bring enough of a side dish so that everyone can have a taste since we will be sharing all the side dishes.

Bring your own beverages and no alcohol is allowed in most of the parks now.

I prefer that everyone pay me in advance to reserve your spot. I need to do this because I have run many parties like this and there are always no shows and I am stuck paying the bill.

You can send me a check or use paypal. PM me for my paypal address or my home address to pay for your reservation.

I will take reservations until a few days before the party.

It will be at the Coronado Cays off on Grand Caribe Parkway and start at 4:00 to 5:00. We will have dinner before we go out to go fishing.

I also set up a private facebook page for sdfish/bigwatersedge and any other kayak fishing enthusiasts if anyone is interested called "San Diego Kayak Fishing"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647...57806/?fref=nf

Last edited by buddha; 06-21-2015 at 04:50 AM.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
MrPatrick

Sounds like a great time.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
buddha

It will be fun. Good food. Good people. Beautiful location. Just an informal get together and relaxing afternoon/evening with folks that like to fish.

Nothing much better than that.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:42 AM   #4
buddha

Ok I have a few guys that can do it on 6/27 but not 7/11 so we will do it both days. Even it is only a few guys we will have fun.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
buddha

Have about 4-5 guys interested so far in the 6/27 date.

Should be a fun informal get together.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #6
roadx

have fun I'll be out if town
Old 06-10-2015, 08:18 AM   #7
MrPatrick

99% able to go.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #8
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
99% able to go.

Ok just let me know. I have some guys from sdfish that are coming also. I will have more details when we get more people confirmed.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #9
buddha

I edited the original post for the fishing bbq party.

Ok it looks like we should have enough people for me to cook up some brisket for the party. Here are the details of the party.

I will cook the brisket for the bbq and we will split the costs of it. My costs to cook a 10 lb. brisket which can feed 5 to 8 maybe 10 people depending on how big your appetites are is 60 bucks which will cover the brisket at 4 dollars a lb. charcoal, spices and sauces. I am not making any money on this deal at all, those are my costs and considering the time I have to spend I am doing it just for the enjoyment of having like minded folks sharing in fishing and good bbq.

So depending on how many show up I figure it will be about 12 bucks/per person.

I will bring some skillet potatoes also. Everyone can either bring a side dish or a dessert or those that are culinary challenged can bring some paper plates, forks, knives, etc. Just bring enough of a side dish so that everyone can have a taste since we will be sharing all the side dishes.

Bring your own beverages and no alcohol is allowed in most of the parks now.

I prefer that everyone pay me in advance to reserve your spot. I need to do this because I have run many parties like this and there are always no shows and I am stuck paying the bill.

You can send me a check or use paypal. PM me for my paypal address or my home address to pay for your reservation.

I will take reservations until a few days before the party.

It will be at the Coronado Cays off on Grand Caribe Parkway and start at 4:00 to 5:00. We will have dinner before we go out to go fishing.

I also set up a private facebook page for sdfish/bigwatersedge and any other kayak fishing enthusiasts if anyone is interested called "San Diego Kayak Fishing"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647...57806/?fref=nf

Last edited by buddha; 06-21-2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:52 AM   #10
buddha

Ok we will have 10 people so far for the party. Only one BWE member and the rest SDFish guys. See you on Saturday Patrick at the Cays.