Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

people at the launch

looking at the camera, the beach is not packed, but there are people with beach towels sitting right in the way of tire tracks to the entrance...

i've ran into people like that out there before and yesterday some person parked their car just inside the entrance and started unloading their stuff... boogie boards, towels, a kayak... stuff for the day...

i guess you cant cure stupid, but they should atleast mark off some area that is "the launch".
Old 09-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
RK

Hahahahahah at least they have boogie boards.... you think that's bad you should see the grown men that lurk around the launch trying to get fish dope and see who's coming in with what and when and literally make it a point to roll by the launch for the full on creeper investigation.........Now I'd like to see Chris Hanson and dateline have a sit down with those creeps.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
skrilla

They shut down the launch for most of the day today. Even the rentals were offline. There was some event going on in the cove and some sort of race course set up. Some of us early birds got to paddle out before the gates closed.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
dorado50

I was at the beach(launch area) last week with the dog just hanging out and some tourists parks his mini van blocking the boardwalk(malacon). I said "sir you are blocking the driveway for emergency vehicles",he gets out with wife and kid and replies "go f-yourself" I said "but sir they need this drive to get their vehicles to people in need". he says "go smoke some more weed", I said "well alright but I'm out can I bum some from you". He proceeds to get in my face and at this point my dog went ballistic on him!!. He went on down to the beach with fam leaving his car still blocking the drive. Oh well, at least now I know my dog is on my side!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
seriola_killer
Sled Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
I was at the beach(launch area) last week with the dog just hanging out and some tourists parks his mini van blocking the boardwalk(malacon). I said "sir you are blocking the driveway for emergency vehicles",he gets out with wife and kid and replies "go f-yourself" I said "but sir they need this drive to get their vehicles to people in need". he says "go smoke some more weed", I said "well alright but I'm out can I bum some from you". He proceeds to get in my face and at this point my dog went ballistic on him!!. He went on down to the beach with fam leaving his car still blocking the drive. Oh well, at least now I know my dog is on my side!

Unbelievable how rude some people are. Hey, are you the guy who was down there lurking for fish info? One of the posts above yours mentioned it.

Can I bum some from you???? Classic retort!
seriola_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
dorado50

Yea, I'm "that guy"....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Well first was no fish dope on the internet now you can't get fish dope on the landing....

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
StinkyMatt

How dare you go to the beach and ask questions about fishing?

From now on no talking to other fishermen, and you are not allowed to look at them either!

StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
ful-rac
Emperor

Gotta love the gauntlet to get back to your truck.....! Oh honey look at that..., what kinda fish is it..., a white seabass, oh a white salmon?....is it real, did you catch it here? Did you catch it on your kayak? Is it a tuna? How far did you go out for that..., you think i can catch one?...Oh it goes on and on...!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
lterrero
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Don't worry Dorado50, another Chicken Brain; see theme all the time
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Gotta love the gauntlet to get back to your truck.....! Oh honey look at that..., what kinda fish is it..., a white seabass, oh a white salmon?....is it real, did you catch it here? Did you catch it on your kayak? Is it a tuna? How far did you go out for that..., you think i can catch one?...Oh it goes on and on...!
A white salmon! Classic lol

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
lowprofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
How dare you go to the beach and ask questions about fishing?

From now on no talking to other fishermen, and you are not allowed to look at them either!

lol. thats why sat. i had a life vest and sweatshit over the back of my yak when i landed. straight into the cooler they went. no on lookers to deal with . except DFG who asked some questions. and she was cute so i answered politely.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
Drake

I get my fish dope on the water with lines out. Better dope than any forum, or guy landing on the beach will provide

Old 09-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
lowprofile

I get my dope from Drake . if you offer to be the big spoon he might fill you in.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #15
Chief Gunner

I gave a little old Vietnamese lady a bunch of Macs at the launch one time, she and her husband walked up to me while I was loading up and they were curious about the PA.

When I opened the bait tank to put the macs in a bag her expression told me she might want them more than I did so I held one up and asked her if she wanted them.

She smiled and said 'Tank U"....I felt bad for her Husband after doing that; she was all nice and sweet trying to talk to me and then she turned into Demon woman as she was tearing her husband a new ass to go get a cooler to put them in.

Poor guy, should've seen the expression on his face, he looked like a dog that had been beaten too much.

I felt kinda bad, she was obviously happy to get some free fish but I think I ruined his day at the beach.

I think any good karma I was trying to pay forwad got cancelled out that day.
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #16
lowprofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gunner View Post
I gave a little old Vietnamese lady a bunch of Macs at the launch one time, she and her husband walked up to me while I was loading up and they were curious about the PA.

When I opened the bait tank to put the macs in a bag her expression told me she might want them more than I did so I held one up and asked her if she wanted them.

She smiled and said 'Tank U"....I felt bad for her Husband after doing that; she was all nice and sweet trying to talk to me and then she turned into Demon woman as she was tearing her husband a new ass to go get a cooler to put them in.

Poor guy, should've seen the expression on his face, he looked like a dog that had been beaten too much.

I felt kinda bad, she was obviously happy to get some free fish but I think I ruined his day at the beach.

I think any good karma I was trying to pay forwad got cancelled out that day.
And the fact they were probably illegally in possession of recreationaly caught fish. Lol.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #17
mtnbykr2

white salmon are protected now.... BTW nice fish Tony
Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
StinkyMatt

You are not allowed to GIVE your fish to a friend?

BS

You can't SELL your fish.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #19
lowprofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
You are not allowed to GIVE your fish to a friend?

BS

You can't SELL your fish.
Any fish given to you count towards your daily bag limit which in turn requires a license
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
taggermike

After an empty launch and a great relaxing day on the water I dread that f'n beach cluster f. I've seen those clueless with thier beach camp set up in the drive through. It kind of goes along with walking right through the drive way and walking 10 abreast up the road back to the rental shops. I do my best to stay calm and find humor rather than anger in this, some times I'm even successful. This summer so far I have informed folks that they are in a desegnated drive way and POLITELY asked that they move. Both were cool about it. Seams strange that the life guards wth beach safety in mind don't jusmp all over these folks. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote