Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Chief Gunner

Sometimes it's not about Fishing ar all

The more I Try; The less I feel "Tuned" or Acceptive to all the BS in this Evil World. All I want for my Family and myself is just enough Peace Within so that we can at least try to share bits and pieces of it with others when there comes a time that allows us to.

I felt Mom & Dad bside me & within me today while I was on the water off of the Coast.

And I heard the wispering wind carry their voices like a Feather tickling my ear and I was filled with such a Profound Inner Calm that I cannot really explain it.... I just let myself go and I accepted it with tears running down my face.

I Had an AWESOME Day on the Water Today!
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
DarthFisherman

Deep my friend! Glad to hear you had such a good day on the water!
DarthFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
jorluivil

Sometimes you need that alone time and it looks like you found it.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Chief Gunner

I apologize for the miss-spelling & grammer...Just felt so overwhelmed that I typed it in a fury & there was a momentary "Dis-connect" to the fingertips from the Emotions I was Feeling in the Mellon.

Not at all in a Sad or "Down" kind of way at all but much more Positive in a "Damn; I Feel so Happy" kind of way
Old 07-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Bennyblanco
Ironman

That's what a true fisherman feels when you're out there. Not many will ever get that feeling,specially if you don't fish.......
Bennyblanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
MrPatrick

Inner peace

I've had those days while my father slowly slipped away. He planted the love of the water in me. He wasn't much of an angler, but he really enjoyed the experience most of all.
When I see a pelican dive, a whale spout or marvel at the abilities of an Osprey, I hear dads voice telling me to "look, look ", "make sure you always see the big picture".
To all of you take the time to look and see the big picture.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
taggermike

I never feel as close to the "center" of things as I do when I'm on the ocean. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
radastaff

what a cool post

its what we are really all after
after all
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
T Bone

Most men fish their whole lives,before they realize its not the fish they are after...Ernest Hemmingway

When my sons cancer treatments where in full swing,I had some really great prayer time on the water.It can definitely get Zen...

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #10
Deefeesha

Being out on the water sure is humbling. It's an opportunity to reflect upon things and therapeutical at the same time. Catching fish is just the bonus.
Deefeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by taggermike View Post
I never feel as close to the "center" of things as I do when I'm on the ocean. Mike
EXACTLY!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #12
Yakin

Many times on the water most people like to complain and wine about not catching fish, but to me fishing isn't about actually catching fish, it is enjoying yourself on the water, the peace, the happiness, and every once and a while you feel that tug on the line is to make sure you don't pass out in the sun and get cancer!

When I am out on the water it makes me forget about having tendonitis in my back, forget about the surgeries, and help me remember the great little things in life that most of us take for granted!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
MrPukaShell

Great post, I have tears running down my face because I was the only one that felt that way. I have had many talks with family members that are not hear now. I think of my Grandma when I see really cool stuff. She is the one that taught me to slow down and really look to see what beauty there is to see. I thank the ones looking over me that grant me with a nice fish for dinner and a awesome memory. Tight lines........
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
Hunters Pa

Could not agree more. I have had moments like that on the yak on a Sierra lake, out in the ocean, even in the harbor.

One in particular was off the coast of Malibu. The fog rolled in and I could neither see nor hear PCH, the pier, nor anyone else. Then the porpoise came through, as far as I could see in every direction. Truly felt like whatever higher spirit you may believe in created that moment just for me. No fish for me that day, but it was one of my favorite days on the water.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
PapaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gunner View Post
The more I Try; The less I feel "Tuned" or Acceptive to all the BS in this Evil World. All I want for my Family and myself is just enough Peace Within so that we can at least try to share bits and pieces of it with others when there comes a time that allows us to.

I felt Mom & Dad bside me & within me today while I was on the water off of the Coast.

And I heard the wispering wind carry their voices like a Feather tickling my ear and I was filled with such a Profound Inner Calm that I cannot really explain it.... I just let myself go and I accepted it with tears running down my face.

I Had an AWESOME Day on the Water Today!
I love days like that! You feel close to God.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
PE.rider

Thanks for sharing your powerful sentiments.

We forget that most of the BS and evil in the world are man-made; in how somebody treats another person or how one perceives ourselves to be treated.

In nature, the basic instincts kick-in, and we are again in the proper scheme of things in the world. Our predatory instincts make us fish, and if we get skunked... well, consider it just a practice session to make us more successful.

Spiritually, it is like what Chief Standing Bear of the Ponca nation once said:

" Man's heart away from nature becomes hard."

PE.rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
tacmik

Like my neighbor who asked why I did not go to church. I had to explain to him that I did not need a building to talk to God. I did it every time I went out on the water that God created or went to the mountains or desert.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
Siebler

The outdoors and sports that put you closest to them without a doubt can have an amazing impact on emotion and mental health. This is one of the reasons that HOW has done so well in helping many cope and heal from issues they have faced and returned home with while serving our country.

I urge all BWE members to become a member of HOW. Your 25.00 donation could make a huge impact on somebodys life.

http://heroesonthewater.org/get-invo...ecome-a-member

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PE.rider View Post

Chief Stands on Kayak from the La Jallo kayak tribe once said:

"Man's heart away from water becomes hard"
Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
Chief Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PE.rider View Post
Thanks for sharing your powerful sentiments.

We forget that most of the BS and evil in the world are man-made; in how somebody treats another person or how one perceives ourselves to be treated.

In nature, the basic instincts kick-in, and we are again in the proper scheme of things in the world. Our predatory instincts make us fish, and if we get skunked... well, consider it just a practice session to make us more successful.

Thank you all for the kindered replies

One thing I learned from my Father about being a Real Man growing up was to never be afraid to express what I carry in my Heart.

I am further blessed to be a Solid 1/4th Mohawk Indian... my Love and Kinship to Nature is very Strong and runs Very Deeply inside of me