Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
AnglerBob
Junior

Great report. I live very near there and have actually never tried MDR, believing fishing to be better in Alamitos Bay and NPH. I've kayaked MDR several times with the mrs. on a non-fishing paddle and never see anyone fishing, but now I'm really tempted to give it a go.

Does anyone know if it's possible/practical to park at Dock 52 for free and cart your yak over to the ramp to launch?
AnglerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglerBob View Post
Great report. I live very near there and have actually never tried MDR, believing fishing to be better in Alamitos Bay and NPH. I've kayaked MDR several times with the mrs. on a non-fishing paddle and never see anyone fishing, but now I'm really tempted to give it a go.
Thanks! Its very quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite places to fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglerBob View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible/practical to park at Dock 52 for free and cart your yak over to the ramp to launch?
You might have to walk past the people running the gate, but if they don't say anything, then you're golden. Let me know how it goes because paying $10 every week to park at the ramp parking is becoming pretty expensive....
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
AnglerBob
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
Thanks! Its very quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite places to fish.

You might have to walk past the people running the gate, but if they don't say anything, then you're golden. Let me know how it goes because paying $10 every week to park at the ramp parking is becoming pretty expensive....
I've never seen humans running the gate, just the pay machine. But I will try it and report back!
AnglerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
ryan_raymond_p
Junior

Awesome post! I wish I read this sooner. I bought my first kayak on Saturday and headed straight to MDR. Even after all the research and youtube videos, I still didn't know what the hell I was doing..smh. I parked at the public launch..made my way towards, what I know now is, the break wall. I stopped well short of it when I saw all these sailboats doing laps. I may have only dropped my line in 10 times along the way. Now I can hit up MDR better prepared.
ryan_raymond_p is offline   Reply With Quote