Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #41
VGB
Junior

Quitting time.

Just quit bro. It's all bad.
VGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #42
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Congrats on X Factor. It is night and day different then Walmart kayak.
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 AM   #43
easyday

Still dont understand why you were so ready to give up after one bad day?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #44
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

My first day was horrible! Took my used Tarpon to Carpinteria camping with my family. Had only been in a kayak one time approximately 10 years prior so "I knew what I was doing." I arrived to 4' surf and dragged my kayak down the beach to launch without pausing to look at the surf. I'd watched numerous YouTube clips of launching and landing in bigger surf so I figured I had it in the bag. After about 30 minutes of fighting in the surf, rolling my yak multiple times and getting nowhere near past the breakers I called it quits. Lost my sunglasses, hat, sandals, and swallowed more water than I wanted to. I waited an hour and attempted again, only to spend another 30 minutes wrestling in the surf before finally getting out. Once past the breakers I was absolutely soaked and beyond tired so I only spent a short time out before calling it and heading in. Landing was another cluster as I was rolled and again got my ass handed to me. It was at this point I decided to call it quits with kayaking and was ready to give my stuff away. After spending time on this forum as a lurker at the advice of my wife, I gave it one more shot in the safety of the harbor just getting to know the kayak and I was hooked from then on. My two pieces of advice would be to mind the words spoken by members on here, they know their stuff and have your best interest at heart. Also, you have to crawl before you run so start simple by launching in the harbor or marina, or even some of the nicer freshwater lakes. I'm glad I stuck with it and learned as much from experience as from the other members on here.
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #45
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=21649

From what I understand you're still looking for a decent kayak and aren't lined up with Chad anymore. Thought this wasn't a bad way to go.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote