Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 04-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #1
Tac.Fish0313

Is State beaches the way to go?

IDK if this is a pipe dream, but Ive heard some of the state beaches up north aren't closed down to the public, today KUSI did a story how areas like state beach Carlsbad are still open but request for people to use common sense yet, Im wondering what the shore is really like for launching at that location. Anybody wanna take a chance at Carlsbad? If so please tell us you're experience if somebody takes a chance.

News report:
https://www.kusi.com/carlsbad-state-...lter-in-place/
according to the report Carlsbad and Torrey Pines beaches
Tac.Fish0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
fishnfoool

Go if you can. Like you said, use common sense. You don't have to worry about ruining for it others because Aznronin, FISH11 and others are staying home. So you'll be the only one joining the locals. One extra guy won't hurt. Be selfish and keep the coronavirus and fish all to yourself. Don't give it to others.

Last edited by fishnfoool; 04-02-2020 at 01:20 PM.
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
FISH11

STAY HOME, so you are not part of the problem. The whole idea is to not spread the covid 19 and there are people out the that don't show any signs but are spreading it to family and friend or when they go out to unfortunately FIRST RESPONDERS. That part of being SELFISH is BULL SHIT! Stay at home and stay safe for ALL the people you LOVE. If we are all lucky to get through this there will be even better fishing when things get better. Don't be another one of the "It's ALL About Me world"
Old 04-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #4
baileybikes

I guess they caught their limit of sel-fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
STAY HOME, so you are not part of the problem. The whole idea is to not spread the covid 19 and there are people out the that don't show any signs but are spreading it to family and friend or when they go out to unfortunately FIRST RESPONDERS. That part of being SELFISH is BULL SHIT! Stay at home and stay safe for ALL the people you LOVE. If we are all lucky to get through this there will be even better fishing when things get better. Don't be another one of the "It's ALL About Me world"
baileybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #5
daperrin
www.TheKayakLaunch

No one is going to spread something to someone they dont come in contact with or are not near. Kayaking is an individual sport. How can you endanger someone when you drive your own car to a launch, get in your own Kayak and fish. Then go home in the same car. I am getting tired of dooms-dayers and paranoid people. Kayaking is the safest thing a person can do other than sitting in their living room all month, and thats not something I plan on doing. People, be safe, use your brain and be considerate of those around you. Others need to mind their own business when someone makes a personal decision to do something that is not breaking the law or endangering others. Exercise coupled with social distancing is allowed under the State guidelines.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@thekayaklaunch
https://www.instagram.com/thekayaklaunch
daperrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:38 PM   #6
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by daperrin View Post
No one is going to spread something to someone they dont come in contact with or are not near. Kayaking is an individual sport. How can you endanger someone when you drive your own car to a launch, get in your own Kayak and fish. Then go home in the same car. I am getting tired of dooms-dayers and paranoid people. Kayaking is the safest thing a person can do other than sitting in their living room all month, and thats not something I plan on doing. People, be safe, use your brain and be considerate of those around you. Others need to mind their own business when someone makes a personal decision to do something that is not breaking the law or endangering others. Exercise coupled with social distancing is allowed under the State guidelines.
Agree!
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:34 AM   #7
FISH11

HERE"S why it's a danger to ALL to go to the beach right now. https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-c...140029412.html
Old 04-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #8
blitzburgh

I was at Carlsbad yesterday and it was closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #9
Tac.Fish0313

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
I was at Carlsbad yesterday and it was closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I figured that either general population or surfers were going to ruin it for everybody else way before any person on a kayak will and what happen Gen-Pop went and messed up for all of us.

Last edited by Tac.Fish0313; 04-05-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Tac.Fish0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:31 AM   #10
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
What if there is no safe passage to get there.....

You are braking the law right now....adding to the problem, obviously some of you have not lost a love one.
And multiple that times how many.
If virus numbers are starting to drop it's only because people are taking safe measures.
Stop hammering mother nature she licking her wounds.
Revenge of the pangolin.

Last edited by MITCHELL; 04-09-2020 at 07:39 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:19 PM   #11
Oolie
Headshots Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHELL View Post
Revenge of the pangolin.
|
V
Attached Images

Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:45 PM   #12
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
If I share my true colors.....

It just gets deleted anyway
Old 04-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #13
frugalfisher

Sodium Chloride (high enough concentration) kills COVID-19

Hello from an angler Ph.D. Chemist,

I am staying home. But for piece of mind read further.

Here is info for what chemical compounds disinfect the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-regist...nst-sars-cov-2

Salt water disinfects the virus, when the salt is in high enough concentration, for instance when a droplet evaporates.

Scientific data supports after soaking masks in salt water (both Sodium chloride and Potassium chloride in this case), drying, then when the virus in droplets that hit the surface the VIRUS is not viable!
https://www.businessinsider.com/mask...navirus-2020-2

Stay home and cook the fish you have in the freezer, that is why you put it there, for times like these.

Stay healthy,
James
Old 04-13-2020, 10:19 AM   #14
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalfisher View Post
Hello from an angler Ph.D. Chemist,

I am staying home. But for piece of mind read further... ...Stay healthy,
James
Great information, thank you for sharing your knowledge! Also, for the first time, my username makes me feel slightly safer...
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote