Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Amazing trip to Louisiana for BIG fish

Here are a few shots from my trip to Louisiana this past week.
We had a great time fishing with Jeff from Mustad hooks and Kevin and Jordan from Mexican Gulf Fishing Company.
You had to have a boat to get to these fishing grounds but once on location either behind the shrimp boats or near the oil rigs it was all kayak fishing.
This is one of the sharkiest places I have ever been but well worth it for the big fish.
We had a 140 plus YFT get sliced like butter by a big shark and also landed a shark that had to have been over 300 pounds. We had three tuna over 120 and several big dorado, Amber jack, bonita and black fin tuna out by the oil rigs and shrimp boats. My biggest tuna was tail hooked which made for one hell of a fight. We hooked several more big fish but either go sharked or simply broke off.
Fishing behind the shrimp boats was very sketchy because there were so many sharks, and they were all worked up. Look up a video of a feeding frenzy and that is what was going on right next to your kayak. I had several slam right into the side of my kayak.
When the wind blew we stayed inshore for amazing action on trout and bull redfish.

If you ever have the chance to get down there don't pass it up.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote