Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
T Bone

BUG-N Dana 11-18-10

I have about 60# bonita scraps and put them to good use.Launched at baby's about 5.I had one keeper right away but the crawl didnt get going good until about 7.The usual lots of shorts to go through.Luckily I had no problems with the Dogs.I got an octopus and a few sculpin as well.I used a LOT of bait,probably 3# per hoop(LOADED the bait pouches)I think it really helped hone the roaches in.I ended the night with 6 keepers.This was my best night in 2 years of hooping.I had boats on either side of me running many more hoops and did better than they did.I re-rigged some hoops with thicker rope and I must say its a great upgrade to that crappy string they come with.

On another note,2 of the bugs I got(my second and third or fourth)were EXACTLTY 3 1/4 inches and by that i mean you could FORCE the guage on the carapace but it would NOT move.I bring this up because the regs say bugs must be at least 3 1/4 but everyone seems scared shitless to get caught with a 3 1/4 bug.I will let you know the outcome if it ever comes up with DFG because the officer,myself,the bug and the guage will ALL be in court.

The frosting side of me almost wants it to happen,but the whole wheat side just wants to go home with a few bugs

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote