Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
forefrazier

I am not a big fan but the rest of the group wanted me to keep a few. Garlic, butter, herbs and some beer and you will be fine!
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
buddha

I was wondering if I didn't rent a houseboat would I be able to get to the fishing spots with just a kayak?

Also would probably just rent a kayak instead of hauling my own.

Would it be a long paddle to get to the fish without a houseboat and only having the kayaks?

See many kayak fishermen out there?

Looks like a cool place to fish.

First time I heard of all the carp being there but wth they fight hard and if I were from England I would be in nirvana.

Last edited by buddha; 08-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
forefrazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
I was wondering if I didn't rent a houseboat would I be able to get to the fishing spots with just a kayak?

Also would probably just rent a kayak instead of hauling my own.

Would it be a long paddle to get to the fish without a houseboat and only having the kayaks?

See many kayak fishermen out there?

Looks like a cool place to fish.

First time I heard of all the carp being there but wth they fight hard and if I were from England I would be in nirvana.
Are you going out of Wahweep Marina? Did not see any kayak rentals so check before you plan on that. I hauled a couple of Hobies out (Thanks Orr and Andy!) No other kayak fisherman but myself..

The paddle could be long to reach spots you want to go to but advantage of staying near the marina is you can buy frozen anchovies anytime. Look for boils early in the morning.
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by forefrazier View Post
Are you going out of Wahweep Marina? Did not see any kayak rentals so check before you plan on that. I hauled a couple of Hobies out (Thanks Orr and Andy!) No other kayak fisherman but myself..

The paddle could be long to reach spots you want to go to but advantage of staying near the marina is you can buy frozen anchovies anytime. Look for boils early in the morning.
If I fished out of Wahweep would I have to buy an AZ license only?
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote