Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
Jimm H

RIP Tom Booth

Former Kayak Fishing regular and pioneer Tom Booth passed away January 26. He had moved from La Jolla to Lake Tahoe about 5 years ago.

Tom was one of the stalwarts and a weekly face along the kelp line during the early times of ocean kayak fishing in the 90's, along with guys such as Johnnie Ceviche (John Dumlao), Aquachico (Art Whittig), Neil, Bill Coin, Brian The Lifeguard Guy, Jim Sammons, EagleEye (John Pawlak), and The Fishin Magician (Adam Kimmerly), Mike Mann, and Marc Rosas, that developed techniques and tactics that are now common place or purchased over-the-counter today. (Think of such things as mounting and powering fish finders, bait tanks, etc.)

He was a retired Coast Guard Commander and Cutter captain, and a criminal defense/military law attorney.

Tight Lines, Tom

Rest in Peace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tom Booth WSB 5-15-03.jpg (63.2 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg tom WSB 1 6-24-06.jpg (56.9 KB, 113 views)
Old 03-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
phreshwon
PHRESHWON

R.I.P. Tom! We had some good times out there!

There are 3 things I'll never forget with that guy.........

#1 One day off the hotel he hooked a giant WSB that he fought for way too long. He got it to the side of the yak and gaffed it and let it hang while he caught his breath. I asked him to pull it up so i could get a picture. When he pulled up, the WSB jumped off the gaff, broke his line and got away! Talk about heartbreak.

#2 One day after a good day fishing we landed on the beach and a crowd started gathering looking at our catch. Among the crowd was this really hot girl in a bikini.

Hot Girl: What kind of fish is that?

Tom: It's a Yellowtail.

Hot Girl: Why do they call it that?

Tom: Because it's got purple ears!!!

LMFAO!!!!

#3 One early morning while paddling out to the pier to make bait I asked Tom "How's life treating you lately?" His response "I've been busier than a 3 legged cat burying a turd on a concrete sidewalk!"

I still use this quote to this day!

GOOD TIMES TOM.... YOU WILL BE MISSED BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!

Jimm, Lets drop some lines down on the Sea Mount the next time we go out. You never know what Tom might of left there for us.
phreshwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
Mahigeer

May he rest in peace.

Although I did not know him, I consider him family of sorts.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote