Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

6/30 La Jolla AM...cuda infestation

....and pesky makos

greenbacks were tough, but got 6 and headed to the point. Calicos were liking the mackeral, so I took my last 2 out to deeper water. Tons of spanish and sardines, scattered and balled up. Had a clicker screamer, threw it in gear and looking back a decent sized mako went airborn and pop! I heard another stayed on for multiple jumps before parting. barracuda went insane around 8:30. Alot of legals in the mix today. I had one fish that ran twice like a YT before popping off, so they may be mixed in. Had to leave em boiling as duty called.......stupid ice Saw alot of batrays crossing the canyon and the surf is full of shovelnose and leapards, full on Summer mode. Another really nice (bloodless) morning.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Dan

man...hitting it hard. It'll pay in spades.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Dennis

Same story here. Launched at 0415, easy greens at the pier. Loaded up and paddled to the point. I got picked up a couple of times. The cuda's took most of my baits, so I started throwin' the Jimi for two toad calico's and a legal cuda. I saw some birds working west, so I chased them. Lot's of dolphins working bait at that spot. I was hoping to find something underneath them, but nothing was going on. Yo-yoed two rockfish there. Landed in some surf @0900.
-D
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote