Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
spongebob_82

late post for 6/30 first yellow jimijig style

Went out this morning for the first time. Left the shores at about 5:15 or so with my friend Jimi and a hand full of his new jimi jigs. Went out and made bait. Lots of spanish out there. Made about 5 or so and then began the paddle. No more than 3 min go by and something is crashing on my bait. Let it eat and then i load up. Short fight and a 3 pound cali. Awesome!!! First ocean yak fish!!! This happens about 3 more times out to the spot. Lots of bait schooling up. Meet Arnie trying to make some magic happen. No love out there and its getting late. Start heading in and then we see some birds working about a hundred and fifty yards out. Jimi says "lets go see what their up to." Work with the birds for a little bit and then see a huge crash. Jimi tosses out and loads up. Ends up catch'n a small cuda. Lil more work'n then another boil out in front of me. Toss the "El Jefe" out... 3 cranks and it loads up. Play the fish for what seems like for ever, but is realy only about 20 min or so. Come up to a great gaff shot and the game is over. All smiles with my first yak yellow. What an awesome trip. Thanks jimi! Better pictures to come thanks to moyer letting jimi use his camera for some on the water photos.
[img]momentoffame.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/45740/size/big/cat/505/page/1[/img]
[img]momentoffame.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/45741/cat/505/page/1[/img]
spongebob_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
Croaker Dave

Congradulations. Nice fish!

Croaker Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
T-Rex

Congrats on the yellow. Looks like a good size fish!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
ski

That is a great first post. Nice fish!
Now it's in your veins
Mark
ski is offline   Reply With Quote