Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #1
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post

I saw the PFD strapped to the back of the kayak in pic 5. are we becoming a "nanny" site... judging...pointing out the perils and risks of peoples choices without having all the facts?

Anyhow, That's awesome to get your little one fishing on a kayak.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
I saw the PFD strapped to the back of the kayak in pic 5. are we becoming a "nanny" site... judging...pointing out the perils and risks of peoples choices without having all the facts...
Now Dana, you know better than to think that a PFD strapped somewhere on the kayak is going to even come close to protecting the child it was intended for. There is a reason kids are required to wear one at all times... that's because even adults can lose the ability to get one on when they go unexpectedly into the drink... let alone a 4 year old that is enjoying the distractions of her outing with daddy.

I agree with you about the "nanny" thing for sure, but this is a little different... The Papa Bears really come out of us with this particular situation... ESPECIALLY if you're actually a Papa Bear.... Even MORE so if you've ever lost a child to drowning or anything for that matter.

I HOPE this otherwise awesome and cute thread doesn't turn sour because of this PFD thing and I don't think it will because all of the PFD statements were easy going and just a little friendly reminder...

So far.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
ZUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Now Dana, you know better than to think that a PFD strapped somewhere on the kayak is going to even come close to protecting the child it was intended for. There is a reason kids are required to wear one at all times... that's because even adults can lose the ability to get one on when they go unexpectedly into the drink... let alone a 4 year old that is enjoying the distractions of her outing with daddy.

I agree with you about the "nanny" thing for sure, but this is a little different... The Papa Bears really come out of us with this particular situation... ESPECIALLY if you're actually a Papa Bear.... Even MORE so if you've ever lost a child to drowning or anything for that matter.

I HOPE this otherwise awesome and cute thread doesn't turn sour because of this PFD thing and I don't think it will because all of the PFD statements were easy going and just a little friendly reminder...

So far.
X2

And I don't want to jump on the "nanny bandwagon" either.
I love to see the father and son/daughter reports.But I have to say
the first thing I thought was that kid doesn't have a PFD!!

And I post this out of concern for a fellow yaker.As I did for you know who for paddling in a storm.Which I would like to apologize to if my post was a little harsh.Think I was having a bad day and lashed out!!!
ZUMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
bolocop

Love the story! I have almost the same story as you with my girl. Maybe it's the same 19" halibut! haha...

The problem is now she expects to catch a halibut every time we go out. I have to explain to her that those aren't every day occurrences (at least for me).

I hope your girl develops a love for fishing for life! Thanks for sharing!
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
Big T
Member, You Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
X2 I would like to apologize to if my post was a little harsh.Think I was having a bad day and lashed out!!!
No hard feelings at all brother!
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
Hondatom

That is the sign of a good Dad. Take her fishing as often as possible. It is one more thing to talk about when she gets older. Nothing is better than to hear your kids start a sentence with "Remember the time we......." Good for you Dad!
Hondatom is offline   Reply With Quote