Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
toadstoadsonly

Seabass are Gay!!

Heard some intel about a bite going on up the coast decided to go try my luck out since I have been on a dry spell for the exotics off of the yak on my last few trips. Launched at about 4:30 am took about 5 waves to the face wh en I got turned sideways took a huge breaker sideways and wiped out. About 20 yards out kayak upside down waves crashing over my head finally was able to flip my yak right side up a couple minutes later hopped on and peddled my butt off to get past the danger zone. Make it past all of the breakers opened up my hatches and my yak was 1/3 full of water, pulled out the pump and hand pumped all the water out so I do not sink. Be careful out there guys wear a wader belt and a splash jacket I did not have my wader belt on and my waders had water in it to my knee's if it was not for my splash jacket I think they would of been full of water to the top.

But it was all worth it I stuck it out until about 4:15 pm when I finally hooked and landed my first ghost of the season Yakaholic (Jim) made it look easy. He did not take not 1 breaker to the face, made it out dry, and landed his fish at 8am.

On the way in there were about 30 surfers out catching waves that were funneling we said oh boy here we go. We both got wiped out on the way in, good thing we had everything strapped in.

Oh yea since I got an butt kicking before I finally caught one this season, I am going to start what was started last year SEABASS ARE GAY!

Oh by the way your Camera Phone sucks Jim. LoL

toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
rpd

I like the blue background! congrats!
rpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
Drake

Ohhhh!!! The spot with the blue background, can't wait to fish that spot tomorrow I know exactly where it is.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
StinkyMatt

Congrats On a beautiful fish.

Too bad sometimes we have to get our ass kicked just to get out there and fish.

I like how the write up and the first photo describe the location but the second photo adds mystery to it.

Congrats

StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

you guys are crazy taking the PAs there! Congrats on success!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
DanaPT

Yeah, "crazy for taking your PAs out there"

Even if I did know where this "super secret" ghost spot was (with all the blue background) . . . 5 ft faces and surfers paddling next to me as I try and make it out to fish is a bit above my risk/reward level.

Cheers to you fellows with the big brass balls who come up big with . Well deserved.

For now, all the sea bass I eat will be caught at the store.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
bellcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
BIG X2

Congrats, has me thinking crazy thoughts
Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #8
Deamon

I have looked up (3) different surf forecast websites and found (5) likely SoCal locations that had 5' breakers...I'm going to find you f....rs and fish it hard! I can bust through 5' waves like a hot knife and butta...
Oh by the way...congrats.
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
If the in and out was easy the fish would be gone in a week. Most of the good ones left are in tough spots to get at. Risk vs Reward.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

seabass are ALWAYS gay. especially when a big hunker like that lays on a man's lap! way to go! the wipe-outs did not deter you from your goal!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
yakaholic
Junior

I agree, they are gay! My ass and back are still hurting from the landing! But it was worth it! I do need a better phone/camera...Good luck out there tomorrow, wish I could make it...
yakaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

i can't believe you actually launched a PA there. Tony should be ashamed....

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
toadstoadsonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Ohhhh!!! The spot with the blue background, can't wait to fish that spot tomorrow I know exactly where it is.
A lot of guys caught fish out there this past Sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Congrats On a beautiful fish.

Too bad sometimes we have to get our ass kicked just to get out there and fish.

I like how the write up and the first photo describe the location but the second photo adds mystery to it.

Congrats

Yea I got royally got my but handed to me but it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
That was my first time out in that location I only had 1 thing on my mind "Seabass" oblivious to how big the surf was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
Yeah, "crazy for taking your PAs out there"

Even if I did know where this "super secret" ghost spot was (with all the blue background) . . . 5 ft faces and surfers paddling next to me as I try and make it out to fish is a bit above my risk/reward level.

Cheers to you fellows with the big brass balls who come up big with . Well deserved.

For now, all the sea bass I eat will be caught at the store.
I got smart last Sat launched down the beach from the spot where the surf was smaller. Which took longer to get to the spot=missed the big bite in the AM= NO SEABASS. I should of took the hard route again maybe I would of caught one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
I have looked up (3) different surf forecast websites and found (5) likely SoCal locations that had 5' breakers...I'm going to find you f....rs and fish it hard! I can bust through 5' waves like a hot knife and butta...
Oh by the way...congrats.
PM Sent You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
If the in and out was easy the fish would be gone in a week. Most of the good ones left are in tough spots to get at. Risk vs Reward.
The reward was definitely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentek9 View Post
seabass are ALWAYS gay. especially when a big hunker like that lays on a man's lap! way to go! the wipe-outs did not deter you from your goal!
It felt pretty gay with a big fellow on my lap all the way in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakaholic View Post
I agree, they are gay! My ass and back are still hurting from the landing! But it was worth it! I do need a better phone/camera...Good luck out there tomorrow, wish I could make it...
That's what happens when you let a big kayak and big seabass hit you from the rear on the landing.
toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote