Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #21
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Congradulations on the new one, boy or girl? Always room for you Mike. Let me know when you are firm and I will assign a day for you to cook or take us to the restaurant. Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike scales View Post

Ya, there's definitely dorado and turtles! haha!
BTW- Bob, there is a good chance i may join the fly trip this year for late October. My baby came early and the dust has settled. My wife giving me signs of green light for this trip, hopefully I can squeeze in with you guys.
Best

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #22
Mike scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Congradulations on the new one, boy or girl? Always room for you Mike. Let me know when you are firm and I will assign a day for you to cook or take us to the restaurant. Welcome aboard.
Thanks, Bob! I have a late model 2015 baby girl! I should know if I can go very soon.
best,
Mike.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #23
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Would someone like to post their tackle suggestions and Kai could you repost your Sertri information here please. Thanks guys. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #24
makobob
Baitless on Baja

THREE WEEKS LEFT

If YOU have a trip YOU want to do for 2016, I NEED to KNOW by October 25th as that is when I will try to fill out the full calendar for 2016. To schedule all the time I want to spend in Baja I will use your dates, and add my trip dates to that. And as usual you can come along on MY trips too.................Next year could again be a MINI El Nino. So take the next 3 weeks to figure YOUR trip for next year. Thanks and Tight Lines.

NEW YEARS in Gonzaga this year, less then 3 months away. I plan on doing it at MY NEW PLACE. It won't be perfect but it is enclosed and or covered, will have power and both 12 vdc and 120 vac. Freezer should be operational and maybe with a vacuum bagger. The guys on the OCTOBER trip can let you know how it is coming along as they will be back from there in in 22 DAYS. Last year on the 1st and 2nd of January we caught a 30 and 40 pound WSB. Tight Lines.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope you all enjoy.

SVEN are you going to make it 3 years in a row???????

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #25
Mahigeer

You scared me sir.

I saw the big THREE WEEKS LEFT and right away checked my calendar.
It is 12 days not counting today.

Then I read the whole post and realized, you were not talking about the October trip.

sigh of relief.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:17 AM   #26
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Let's see, I go back Fri, Sat, Sunday this weekend to make a material run, then I will be traveling with our group on the 17th. Retirement is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
You scared me sir.

I saw the big THREE WEEKS LEFT and right away checked my calendar.
It is 12 days not counting today.

Then I read the whole post and realized, you were not talking about the October trip.

sigh of relief.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #27
EastLosYaker

Hey Bob, do we already have a 2016 spring break trip set? If not, I would like to propose leaving on Sunday 3/20, fish Monday-Friday, and return home on Saturday, 3/26 (the day before Easter). I would suggest Las Encantadas, but would be open to fishing almost anywhere.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #28
makobob
Baitless on Baja

OK Kevin I just added SPRING BREAK in Gonzaga 20 Mar-26 Mar 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
Hey Bob, do we already have a 2016 spring break trip set? If not, I would like to propose leaving on Sunday 3/20, fish Monday-Friday, and return home on Saturday, 3/26 (the day before Easter). I would suggest Las Encantadas, but would be open to fishing almost anywhere.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #29
Mahigeer

Bob,

I replied to your PM. However, I don't know how to check the "sent messages".

Thus, I am not sure if it went through.

Please let me know if you got it and how I can check for sent messages.

If you like I can post it here.

Thanks.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:39 AM   #30
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Go to private messages, center of screen you see a box, it will have a small blue up down box next to a go button. hit blue box and check SENT then hit go. your message should be on top of list. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Bob,

I replied to your PM. However, I don't know how to check the "sent messages".

Thus, I am not sure if it went through.

Please let me know if you got it and how I can check for sent messages.

If you like I can post it here.

Thanks.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-13-2015, 10:21 AM   #31
makobob
Baitless on Baja

TIME is running out

If you want to schedule a trip I need to know soon, around the 25th of OCTOBER just less than two weeks away, I will post the schedule for 2016. TO secure the dates YOU want PM or post here. To fill in the empty areas on the calendar I will add my trip dates. You can join any trip marked OPEN or ask person who set up trip if there is a space for you. All my trips will be OPEN. I will have room for 10+ people at my place and ways to expand if needed. So hop on the BAJA EXRESS and take a trip to paradise. Tight Lines and Fishy Dreams.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #32
makobob
Baitless on Baja

25 OCT UPDATE

As promised the trips for Baja or Bust have been updated through the END OF JUNE. If you want to add a trip for the 4th of JULY OR later in 2016 NOW is your chance. I will update JULY - DECEMBER in MARCH, any dates you do not fill I will at that time.
UPDATE is 1st post in this thread. Post or pm with questions.

NEW for 2016, I will limit the trips to GONZAGA to 8 anglers and myself, UNLESS you rent a trailer or palapa there. More than that is just getting to much for me to handle. And the new place can only handle that many and still be comfortable.

All these trips will be a go, even if I go alone, these trips will happen, so some might fill up EARLY and some will not. If YOU want a place on a trip please be sure as if you cancel it might to be to late for someone else to fill in.
Tight Lines, Fishy Dreams.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #33
Dannowar

That place is getting more and more tempting every day Bob. I may have to pull the trigger
Old 10-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #34
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Not so sure Danny, most times you pull the trigger something dies. That place would be a steal, but it is not easy to launch there. But it is BIG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
That place is getting more and more tempting every day Bob. I may have to pull the trigger

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #35
Dannowar

I don't really mind driving elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #36
Gr8fuldude

Bob, put me down for the Oct on the FLY trip. I'll turn 50 during that week!

Also I can commit to the April 16 trip as well. Thanks Bob!!!

Paul

Last edited by Gr8fuldude; 10-29-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #37
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Paul, you are confirmed for 16 April trip and On the Fly for 2016, welcome aboard! Of course I am sure you will have a better fly reel by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude View Post
Bob, put me down for the Oct on the FLY trip. I'll turn 50 during that week!

Also I can commit to the April 16 trip as well. Thanks Bob!!!

Paul

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 10-30-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #38
Baja_Traveler

Just got back from 2 weeks in the Yucatan ( a small fishing village south of Cancun called Puerto Morelos that we are just in love with).

This is a reply to Bobs request for Sentri Info. If you travel the border more than once a year, it is totally worth going through the hoops to get. Border crossings are a complete breeze (crossings that have Sentri lanes that is - Tecate does not - San Ysidro, Otay and Mexicali do).

Another benefit of having one of these Sentri cards is if you are flying into Mexico with the family like I just did - Enter your card number when you book, and you will have a "TSA Pre-Cleared" stamp on your boarding passes. The wife and I just flew through the TSA check lines flying out and coming back - and most airports have a Pre-Check line that hardly anybody is ever in. No taking off your shoes, and no B.S.

If you go through it and get your card - make sure you log into GOES within a week to activate it! Just because they sent it to you does not mean you are good to go like in the past - you'll get immediately diverted into secondary if you do (Don't ask me how I know...)

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/tr...tri/sentri.xml

SENTRI Program Description
Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection

(09/03/2013)SENTRI provides expedited CBP processing for pre-approved, low-risk travelers. Applicants must voluntarily undergo a thorough biographical background check against criminal, law enforcement, customs, immigration, and terrorist indices; a 10-fingerprint law enforcement check; and a personal interview with a CBP Officer.

Applicants may not qualify for participation in the SENTRI program if they:
Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.

SENTRI was first implemented at the Otay Mesa, California port of entry on November 1, 1995. SENTRI Dedicated Commuter Lanes also exist in El Paso, TX; San Ysidro, CA; Calexico, CA; Nogales, AZ; Hidalgo, TX; Brownsville, TX; Anzalduas, TX; Laredo, TX; San Luis, AZ and Douglas, AZ.

Application Information

Applicants to the SENTRI Program may submit their application online using the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). Once the application is certified as true and complete, it will be submitted to CBP for processing. Applicants can monitor the status of their application by logging back into GOES, and will be advised of "Conditional Approval", or "Denial" through the GOES account posting. A $25 application fee will be charged at the time of application submission.

Step 1
To complete a SENTRI application via the Internet, click on the GOES link to be transferred to the online application.

Step 2
Once notification of conditional approval is received, you will be directed to schedule your appointment online through your GOES account. Applicants have 30 days from that date to schedule an interview. Otherwise, applicants will be denied further enrollment consideration for failure to schedule an interview, which is the final requirement in determining program membership. This denial will not prevent an applicant from submitting a new application in the future. However, a new payment fee will be required. At the time of interview, payment of the fingerprint fee, lane fee, and any additional vehicle fee will be required. Applicants must bring the following original documents with them to the interview. Please ensure the exact documents you provided during the online application are those presented at the time of interview.
Originals of evidence of citizenship that you listed on your application
If not a U.S. citizen, originals of evidence of immigration admissibility to the U.S., that you listed on your application
Valid driver’s license (or state identification) issued in state where applicant lives
Vehicle registration and evidence of US automobile insurance by a company authorized to write automobile insurance in the US.
If the vehicle is not registered in the name of the applicant, a notarized letter authorizing its use by the applicant is required. A company vehicle requires written authorization on company letterhead.
Evidence of employment or financial support. (For instance, most recent years tax return, pay receipt, or direct deposit salary statement. Those self-employed must present a business license, current tax information and bank statement)
Evidence of residence, (Mortgage or rent payment receipts)

During the Interview, information provided on the application will be verified and upon acceptance, CBP will:
Take a photograph of applicant for identification card purposes
Take applicant’s fingerprint
Provide terms and conditions of the program
Answer any questions the applicant may have
Issue an RFID enabled identification document

The Enrollment Process and SENTRI Enrollment Centers

Applicants who do not have access to a computer with an Internet connection, may complete the CBP SENTRI program application Form 823S. SENTRI applicants will also need to apply for Dedicated Commuter Lane (DCL) access. Please read the instructions for Form 823S carefully and fill out items 1-12 AND the section titled, “DEDICATED COMMUTER LANE PARTICIPANTS” found on page 7 of Form 823S. ( CBP Form 823S - SENTRI Application )

Visits to the enrollment centers will be by appointment only. To schedule your appointment, please schedule online, or call the nearest enrollment center. ( SENTRI Enrollment Centers )

Required Fees

Application Fee: $25.00 per person (or a maximum of $50.00 total for husband, wife and minor children)

Fingerprint Fee: $14.50 (applicants 14 years and older)

System Costs Fee: $80.00 per person (or a maximum of $160.00 total for a husband, wife and minor children)

Total Fee: $122.25 per person

If an approved participant wishes to register more than one vehicle for use in the SENTRI DCL lane (maximum of 4 vehicles), or an approved participant wishes to be registered in more than one vehicle (maximum of 8 persons per vehicle), an additional fee of $42.00 per vehicle will be assessed. Enrollees will be charged a $25.00 replacement fee for a lost, stolen, or destroyed card and a $42.00 replacement fee for a lost, stolen or destroyed vehicle ID tag.

Payment of fees may be made online, or by cash, check, money order, Master Card, VISA and American Express at the Local Enrollment Center. A $30.00 charge is imposed if a check is not honored by the bank on which it was drawn. All fees are non-refundable.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #39
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Trip price breakdown

With the new truck, riding with Makobob.

Fuel me plus 1 your share $60, me plus 2 your share $40.
Water for showers and toilet flush $5.00 for the week
Food for 6 at restaurant including a drink each $40.00, plus meat
Your drinks??? $20-40.00
Ice, misc $25.00
Total LESS than $200

If you watch your pennies this trip should not cost you $300 for a week in paradise.

What are YOU waiting for? Schedule for 2016 posted as 1st post in this thread. Tight Lines and Fishy Dreams.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 12-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #40
greenscales
greenscales

Bob and Rossman - thanks. Had a great time last week. (Rossman -can you shoot me a pic of my YT in the yak?)
After talking to Jim and wondering what EastLos thought - I would be willing to plan a trip to Punta Baja sometime next year. An hour South of San Quintin, so 3-4 days. Not looking at your list, 4th of July would work. The water is cool and keeps the peninsula nice during the summer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449188614.173972.jpgOnly an hour North of Catvina dessert for a PM trip if the winds are up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449188587.946569.jpg. I probably C&R 50 Cabrilla 2-8lbs in bad winds both Sat and Sun on jigs, kept 10 Reds a few big goats and a few smaller Calicos. $10 a night for a room and good home cooking cheap. They felt I was overpaying for dinner, breakfast, and a 1
Night for $20. But we need a Spanish speaker.
I will try to get to Puerto Santo Tomas in the next few months. Just below Ensenada, but at least 1 1/2 hours more do to length of dirt road. Easy 3 day and beautiful. Bough heart issues was getting thorough the kelp at the launch, but El Niño should limit that the year ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449189112.191054.jpg Looking for input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote