Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter

Old 11-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Cbad
HOW account for Cbad Mike

Not all Non Profit Organizations are created equal.

DONATE WISELY!
Not all Non Profit Organizations are created equal.

Hello Everyone,

I often get asked questions regarding monetary donations to our chapter, more specifically what percentage of the donation goes directly to the chapter's cause.
That is a great question for any non profit organization that is asking for your support and one that I'm proud to answer.
First of all I'm happy to say that the Southern California Chapter of HOW is known as a self sufficient chapter. Being self sufficient means that we do not receive any financial aid from the national organization.
When a check written to our chapter is received at the national headquarters of HOW in Texas it is deposited directly into our chapter's account WITHOUT a percentage of the donation being removed.
Our account is where we draw money from to purchase needed items to maintain and grow our chapter. Some of the items we purchase are kayaks, paddles, seats, personal floatation devices, fishing gear, food for our events, and gas for our truck to make it to our events and also routine maintenance of all of our assets.
It is extremely important to note that all of our money, account activities, and purchases are overseen by the office of the national organization.
Our chapter does not spend money on advertising or promoting our events. This is done thru Facebook, fishing forums such as Bigwatersedge.com, and word of mouth.
Our periodic fundraisers are generously put on by companies at no cost to us.
Sometimes during these fundraising events for us we will utilize a few of our many volunteers to help cook the food donated by the hosting company or organization.
Speaking of volunteers,
I and everyone involved with the running of the Southern California Chapter do not get paid whatsoever, we are volunteers. We do what we do strictly because we see the benefits of our hardwork at every one of our events.

So to answer the questions of what percent of a monetary donation to our chapter of HOW goes towards the actual cause...... I am proud to answer 100%.

Last edited by Cbad; 11-12-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Cbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
rhyak

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
FISH11

Southern California chapter of Heroes on the Water.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:21 AM   #4
Deamon

Doing yourself proud Mike. Very cool to watch your passion and efforts selflessly given towards HOW. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
captnblood34

captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Another reason it feels awesome to be a part of HOW!

Yepper...all non profits are not the same. Just was about to donate an old truck to another non profit, then I found out it only goes to auction and then only (they say) 90% goes to the organization. Decided to hold on to the truck and figure something else out...

Geno
Old 11-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #7
Pocoloco

Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote