Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter

Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
YakMedic

Thank You from SoCal Heroes on the Water

Thank you to everyone that showed up today for the OEX tournament that benefited the Southern California Chapter of Heroes on the Water. I can't thank OEX enough for stepping up and hosting these types of events that bring our kayak fishing community together.

Today we had 102 anglers show up to support the cause and raise money for the chapter. With entry and jackpot buy in we raised just over $3,000 and the National Heroes on the Water business office is currently matching all funds raised dollar for dollar bringing our total from this event to a little over $6,000.

Special thanks to OEX Mission Bay and OEX Sunset Beach for event coordination and planning.

Thank you to the weigh boats for on the water fish weighing.

Thank You to the following companies and people for donating products for the awards ceremony:
Wilderness Systems
Skrilla
Jeff Bias
Werner Paddles
Squidco

Thank You Catalina Offshore Products for the Thresher shark and for always stepping up to help HOW.

Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out, but finally from all of us at the SoCal HOW chapter Thank You!

Heres a quick video from the Northern California Chapter explaining a little of what we do helping the veteran population.

http://ruralhealth.stanford.edu/vide...roes-on-water/

YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
jorluivil

All for a good cause

The thresher was amazing!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
Mike scales

Had a great time! Looking forward to the next HOW event.
Cheers!
Mike scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
StinkyMatt

Nicely run event.

Smooth and clean.

Good job Matt, CJ and all the other staff that made it happen!

Did I win?
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

Great Job Matt, really proud of what we accomplished yesterday ..............next fund raising stop September Can you guess where???

Old 05-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #6
Jimmyz123

Can't wait for the next one. Thanks to everyone that worked hard to put this event together. The Tacos were great, the fishing was fun, but seeing everyone out there helping to support the wounded warriors, Priceless.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
PAL

I said my thanks in another thread. It was great to be there. More photos at the Kayak Fish Magazine Facebook page.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #8
FISH11

Talking

The HOW event was awesome and so where the Tacos. Can't wait for the next event and seeing all the BWE members that sign up. Tight Lines
Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #9
JarrodMc

Thanks to you guys, OEX, CJ, Matt, Andy, Makobob and everyone else who helped put on this event. It was tough fishing (too many shorts) but still lots of fun.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
Siebler

Just so you folks have an idea of what has been done so far this year by the community, San Diego has raised over 4700 for our chapter of HOW since March. This does not even count the online raffle ticket sales which I havnt added up but appears to be in the 1500-2000.00 range.

This amount in total is pure profit (does not include costs for food at event and all).

Part of this money was used by OEX/HOW to do a full wrap of our equipment trailer (will post pics this week when finished). The remainder is being sent to national and will be matched giving the chapter over 6500.00 to put into new gear so that we can expand our base of wounded being helped.

On behalf of Myself and the rest of the HOW-SoCal team along with OEX/KFS we thank the community from the bottoms of our hearts.

Hope to see you all in September! Lets blow away this weekends event!

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:18 AM   #11
Fishin' Magician

This was my first attempt at being in a kayak fishing tournament, but it certainly won't be my last. What a great experience and what a great cause!

Thank you to CJ and Andy and everyone at OEX who made this event possible. I've been the Co-Chair of a golf tournament for the past 20 years and I know who hard it is to organize as large of event as this. It's like trying to herd spotted bay bass! All that you guys do, it is appreciated!

Thanks again and hope to see you all on the water again soon..., except not in my fishing spot! )
Old 05-05-2014, 06:06 AM   #12
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

Great Job by everyone... Big thank you to everyone! Everyone that donated time and or money made this possible! And of course Thank you to all the people that reached in their pockets and helped out HOW! I saw smiles all the way around, which is the sign of a well run operation.
I fished in the Tourney with my Dad (purple heart Vietnam Vet), this was his second time in a Kayak and he had a great time. Caught his first WSB and first Bat ray... HA HA Both were on the small size but in a Kayak my dad swore he caught a whale.... ha ha
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote