Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #41
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that extra explanation.

You really are good at details and describing stuff. You ever consider being a teacher? LOL
Haha. You have to know something to be a teacher and I don't have the patience for children.

I just stick to giving unwanted advise to passersby.

However, I am working on hosting some training opportunities at work. So there's that.

Someone once told me. "If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it enough to teach it".

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #42
Norcal_Roots
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
Here is my map. I park in the circle and pull the yak on my cart to the rocks edge. Very short distance in soft dry sand. Land on the other side, same side if not full of kids, and this is the bike path I mentioned. Long walk back but not a problem. Only way I found to fish the kelp beds by myself. Every time I look at that parking lot along the beach there is very rough surf there. The other side that I use is much more friendly. But do not go if the surf report is showing anything over 3ft. I had a hell of a day once when it was rated 4-6 ft. One guy never made it out.
Thanks for that image and video man that cleared everything up.
Norcal_Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #43
rackhenry

Hi,

I just picked up a fishing kayak and looking for someone to fish with. Im new to kayak fishing. Im going to try to fish Leo and CI harbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Hello all!
I'm new to the forum.

I've been fishing since I was a kid in Alabama. I've spent a lot of time on the water in the Gulf, and on party boats out here in Los Angeles. I'm no stranger to a kayak or the surf, but I'm only just now getting into kayak fishing.

My Dad recently gave me his 13' Ocean Kayak Torque after moving away from Santa Barbara to somewhere more landlocked, and I've been looking to get out and do some fishing.

I've launched once out of Leo Carillo (those stairs are a beast to get a big Kayak up and down!) and pulled up a couple of C&R calicos out of the kelp, and had a blast
That said, my understanding is that it's best not to go alone, and none of my fishing friends have a kayak.
My wife also promised me if I keep going out alone, I might come home to find her shiny new Honda Shadow in the driveway and I'd rather she not take up motorcycling

While I try to coerce my friends into buying kayaks, I'm considering the path of least resistance....

I'm curious if any particularly friendly 'yak anglers who launch between Leo Carillo and Oxnard wouldn't mind a rookie tagging along sometime? I'm fully outfitted, mild mannered, punctual, and good with social cues. I'm also freelance, so my schedule tends to be pretty flexible for making it to the beach during the week or on short notice.

Cheers!

PS: I also *might* not be averse to picking up lunch at Neptune's Net or elsewhere locally convenient for anyone nice enough to have me
rackhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #44
Beer Me
Take two

PMs sent.

If I can teach you one thing, it’s how to right a PA14 after it’s flipped and climb back aboard while in a harbor ... I had an interesting outing on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #45
rackhenry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
PMs sent.

If I can teach you one thing, it’s how to right a PA14 after it’s flipped and climb back aboard while in a harbor ... I had an interesting outing on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, I've been outside between the harbor and the breakwater, boats fly through there and waves coming from all directions.. Ive not practiced on the pa 12 yet how to flip over.
rackhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:46 AM   #46
LAOC
Junior

Curious to see if you guys ever got out there together?

I’m a bit further south (Long Beach area), but not afraid to make a drive every now and then. Weekends are my current availability until next spring. I’m not familiar with the area, so I wouldn’t be much help other than helping to carry and being another able body on the water.
LAOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
malibu, oxnard, ventura