Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
absentx

Anyone had issues with Hobie Through Hull plugs leaking?

Hello! I have two 2015 Outbacks that I have been fighting leaks on for years. Generally speaking I use my kayak for days at a time while on vacation etc and it sits at the shore of the lake. If it rains, I end up with lots of water in each kayak. For years I thought it was the front hatch and took counter measure to seal those up pretty good.

After a bunch of testing yesterday though, I discovered that both plugs in the map pocket of each kayak were leaking pretty good. Now I have tested these before and it just seems over time they loosen up or something happens and once again water is able to get through. Trust me I have them assembled correctly with the gasket in the proper orientation etc.

I think I am just going to give up and RTV the things in to take away any chances of future leaks.

Has anyone else noticed this or have any good tips to prevent the issue?

On one of the kayaks I have my transducer and power cable coming through one of them, but the rest of the plugs are just that, plugs, with nothing coming through.
absentx is offline   Reply With Quote