Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
1Flatfish
Wayne

WebCam Gone!

I used to be able to view the webcam, but now it doesn't load for me. What's up? I'm on a imac with OS X 10.5.2. Any ideas?

Wayne
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I am experiencing a similar problem. I have several computers running all the versions of Windows that can view the feed without a problem. I decided to get rid of Vista on one of them and install Win7. For some reason this computer will no longer view the site. I know the problem is some sort of setting on this maching but have been unable to figure it out.

When I try to download the ActiveX file that enables viewing, I get the message that this file cannot be registered on this computer. It must be some security setting but so far I am stumped.

I went to another computer running Win7 that used to be able to view the camera feed. Now this one cannot see the page either. I am pretty good with computer stuff but this problem is beyond me a the moment. Anyone have suggestions?

Bob
Old 12-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Pescavore1

I couldn't get it to work using Windows Explorer browser on Windows Vista so I downloaded Google Chrome browser and it works fine. I use Chrome just for the webcam and Explorer for everything else. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and had to do the same as before.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Bob, it sounds like Win7 security is getting in a way.

Try to run Internet Explorer as an administrator:
  • find the IE Icon under All Programs
  • Right mouse button click on it, choose "Run As Administrator"
That did it for me on my new Win7 laptop. Once you install it and it properly registers, you ought to be all set.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
CurtyL

someone needs to take a little tissue paper on the end of their rod and wipe the lense down.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Thanks for the tip. The "run as administrator" solution solved my problem of not being able to get the Axis software to load. I can now view the camera feed as before.

I suspect that this solution will work for nearly everyone who is experiencing this problem on a PC. I do not know if Macs have a similar method of disabling paranoid security settings. Wayne, did you come up with a fix on your Mac?

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 12-26-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
dahunter1996
Junior

Can some one put a link to the correct Active X Control. I can't find or download it correctly.
Closed Thread