Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Found rods and reels

when we got in today at NPH there were a couple other guys there one in a lime green X-13 another yak i didnt look at and a john boat. they loaded up they're trucks and took off and left the rods there. we finished loading up, waited about 20 mins and noticed the dock fishers and some beach goers checkin it out and the guys were no where in sight. so if that was you or you think you know who it was pass it on. im stationed on pendleton but the rods are in rancho cucamonga. # is 909 921 3132.

Chris.
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
yakrider

I would go to the spot whre you found them and put up a flyer as well...
a few year back, I found a handheld GPS...
I posted on all the websites, but the guy never visited the websites...
I posted a flyer at the launch with my phone # and about three weeks later, he called and I gave him his chingaderra back...
jsut a thought...not everyone visits the boards...
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
fishstew

That was me in the X13....I'm pretty sure those rods belonged to the guys in the boat. I had to do a double check and run out to my garage to make sure I didnt forget my rods. Hopefully they post on here but I think I saw a fish dope sticker on their truck so maybe try posting on bloodydecks. How did you guys do out there? I paddled down to reef point and got a bunch of bass but not what I was looking for today. I did manage to find a nice school of sandbass that wanted to play for a while. There was a lot of bait in the water today but the bite was kinda slow. I think it had to do with the lack of current. I saw a few barracuda stalking around in the kelp but they wouldn't bite. beautiful day today but lots and lots of boats. I got pushed off my spots a few times by private boaters and once by the Dana Pride but it was nothing special and they didnt get much thre either. Good luck trying to find those guys. Hopefully you find them. Very cool of you to look out for fellow fishermen. Those guys seemed pretty cool.....
fishstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
lowprofile

we... didnt do to well. hit the kelp on the south side, alot of activity, got over ran by dolphins, had sharks circling us, nothing taking the bait. hooked into something on the botton on squid, took me for a good run, drug the yak, wrapped up in the kelp and that was that. think it was a guitar fish.

i cant make it to the spot anytime soon. workin all week, got plans for next weekend then leave to afghan on the 10th. so i hope they get the message somehow.
there is a custom rod in the bunch, ill call the shop and see if they have records.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
jimbo

Good karma

That's cool
Old 06-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
Rav3n805

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wan/2464069102.html

From BD...
Rav3n805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
tysonyb
Junior

Hey guys saw a link from bloodydecks, I also saw this on Craigslist today.

I sent the user a link to the posts on both sites,

but also thought I'd post up here as well as BD to increase the chance of the guy getting his stuff if it is his.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wan/2464069102.html
tysonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
tysonyb
Junior

Oops someone beat me too it. Took me a while to register, but glad I found the site anyways. I don't have a kayak yet but do have a tube, maybe I'll see ya'll fishing someday.

Take care.
tysonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
steveooo

Funny Thread!

lowprofile posts a good samaritan deed saying he found the gear, trying to find the rightful owner. Nothing to doubt about this story, he's giving away free fishing gear

Dumbass on CL accuses someone of jacking the rod because he's a dumbass and leaves them @ the launch, because he's a dumbass.

Classic stuff!

Good Deed lowprofile! I'm sure karma will repay you generously
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Lol what a jerk! On cl!
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
tagyak

either way, i am sure if i had lost my poles then i would be fuming too. just happy to see that it will end well. am sure the guy will be one happy mutha once he gets in contact with lowprofile. hopefully he'll buy him a beer at least for looking out for him.
good karma and be safe in Afghanistan
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #12
fishstew

Chris,

Did the guy ever call you about the rods?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #13
lowprofile

yes he got ahold of me. very greatful we were lookin out for him and had every intention of finding them. hes gettin them back on friday.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
Riskey Water

It sure would be nice if the guy posted a retraction of the theft and admitted to his error ,on top of posting what a cool guy Lowpro is !!! Just saying
Riskey Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #15
fishstew

Cool Lowpro....Good Karma. The craingslist post did seem a little harsh but from talking to the guy on Sunday getting off the water he seemed like a pretty cool guy. I'd probably be a little pissed if I thought my rods got stolen. I think him and his buddy both just assumed that the other loaded them in the truck. They packed up and took off pretty fast. We landed at the same time and they got out of the way faster than I did and they had a boat and motor to deal with and all I had was my kayak. I hope he realizes how lucky he is that you were there to get his stuff and try so hard to make sure that it made its way back because there are a lot of people who would have probably just looked at it as free gear for the taking....