Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Kahouna

FF Issues

When I went to LJ this weekend, my Cuda 350 didn't give any sonar readings. It was at zero with no tracking. My GPS worked just fine the entire trip. I went to check it today and now it won't power up at all. I tried two different batteries and even hooked up my Cuda 168 with no power.

I get a reading of over 12v at the plug and the connections are in good shape (lith grease works good). Am I missing something or is this something that has to go back to the manufacturer?
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Rav3n805

I had the same issue with it, only in deeper water 100+ but it always powers up, I remounted the transducer and going to test it out this weekend. keep us posted, good-luck .
Rav3n805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
FARRIER

My problem has always been at my connections for my battery. The wire has either come loose inside the wire connector or terminal connection.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
mtnbykr2

check and clean corrosion from terminals at head unit and base where it plugs into unit, that's usually the probalso if you use dielectric on terminals make sure not to overdo it it will cause the same concern
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

If you get power to the head but no readings, you should check your Xducer. If it is not connected to the head correctly or improperly attached to the hull, you could get these symptoms.

Try attaching a different head or taking your head to another boat that uses the same transducer.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Kahouna

So I wasn't getting any love on the primary yak so I hooked everything up to my older one and presto, they both powered up. I ended up calling Eagle and they told me to make sure the connectors were clean. After several attempts, it sometimes works. I have to play around with the connection, but it powers up sometimes. I may need to go find some needle files and see if there is a little oxidation/corrosion down there I'm missing.

Thanks guys for the ideas!
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote