Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-24-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
Joseph2028
Junior

Need help

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I am from NorCal just below Sacramento. I am looking into getting into kayak fishing for the ocean. I already have a Boston whaler but I would like to pick up as well. I am having a hard time deciding on which kayak I want to go with. It will be used for spear fishing, kayak fishing and duck hunting on the delta. I have been leaning towards the outback and keep going back to it. I would prefer a pedal drive over anything. I was also looking at the pa14 native slayer and Jackson thank you I appreciate any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joseph2028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:10 PM   #2
Revoguys

Welcome to SoCal my friend. Sounds like you need something that is good for everything. Only advice I can offer is on a Hobie. It’s the only fishing kayak I’ve had and to be honest no plans on getting a new one or selling it as I love fishing on it. I have a Revo 16, and yes the peddle drive helps a lot. Especially for like trolling or just a nice hands free application besides having to steer the rudder. For mounting and dismounting the kayak while on the water for spearfishing the peddle drive may be in the way a bit in my opinion but you can always take it off and tie it down so it’s not in the way. I’ve never used mine for spearfishing but have mounted and dismounted it before. My buddy has the Malibu X factor and has a nice set up on that. Tons of space, compartments and looks easy to get in and out of if spearfishing from it. But I don’t know where you’ll be fishing or diving at and if a peddle drive is truly necessary for what you’re trying to do. In my opinion a peddle drive is nice but if you’re fishing LJ you can get away with having a paddle kayak, the kelp isn’t far from the launch and the depth is only about 40-60’ which ain’t to bad for spearing. Good luck man and enjoy, the fishing is great done here
Revoguys is offline   Reply With Quote