Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
Spyder

7.12 Multiple critters in SD Bay

Met up with Sherm at 0515 at SI. Morning looked very promising, warm, flat, and no wind. Launched the yaks and paddled about a mile to start fishing.

Right from the start it was about a fish every third cast. Lots of sandies and spotties. Completed the bass trifecta with a couple juvy checkers. C&R'ed several short flatties, the largest being just over 20". A cuda even ate my leadhead on the retrieve. A few leezard feesh were also sent back down. We hit the moored sailboats on the way back to the launch for a wide open fat spottie bite.

Totals for 4 hours were 15+ spotted bass, 10+ sand bass, 3 calico bass, 4 short halibut, 1 cuda, couple leezards. Fish caught using asst. swimbaits smothered in Uni butter and misc. GULP! baits. The sandies really liked the 4" lime tiger shrimp on the dropper loop. Scott also caught multiple species as well.

Tons of micro bait jumping everywhere, looking down it looked like a wall of fish at times. The wind never did pick up which was cool. It did make it freakin HOT sitting out here though. Lot's of life out there, good time to take the kids/family out for easy pickin's. Make sure the tide is moving though .

Great catching with ya as always wingman

Peace,

Spyder
Attached Thumbnails
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
NextBite

thanks for the report!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
kareem korn

I think you caught every single fish in the bay Jim and now your looping and starting all over.
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem korn View Post
I think you caught every single fish in the bay Jim and now your looping and starting all over.

Could be huh Tim?

I need to get out off LJ more.......
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
Sherm

Another wide open day of assorted fish bro. Nothing real big (I even had a spottie that ate a lure as big as he was) but some wide open action on the light line. Great weather!!!!!!!!!! Killed another stoagie. Released a lot of fish. A fun day for sure.

Some of those spotties and sand bass were very fat. Plenty of bait in the water that's for sure. We both got the tri-fecta on the bass.

fish total

22 spotties
4 sandies
4 halis (none legal)
2 calicos
2 queen fish
1 Corgina
1 yellowfin croaker

all C&R

Attached Thumbnails