Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Mr. Adventure
Damn Hippy

I dunno if you saw my post, but I have everything included in my x-13 I'll even throw in hoop nets. As long as you aren't huge (I'm 6'2 185 and have never had balance issues) its a great yak, as stable as the fat tandem I paddled before and much quicker.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
zrbite

After demoing the FnD, the speed was slow, but I'll need to demo another one to compare it to. As for stability, it was stable, but not like what the videos I see of people standing up and fishing. Standing up definitely requires a lot of balance.

I'll look into the prowler, trident as well to see how they are.

Thanks for all the help.
zrbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
MrPatrick

FND vs Trident

I've owned both and the Trident is a far superior kayak. The FND is ok in the surf but the Trident beats it hands down during landings. I'm a big guy at 5'9" and 250 lbs. And the Trident is stable in any type of sea or chop.
The FND tends to catch an edge in the surf zone and needs you to be very good about high bracing. It does fish great and is very comfortable. A good cadence in your paddle and it moves at a reasonable speed.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote