Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
absentx

washdown pump/kit for kayak

So has anyone ever installed a washdown pump in their kayak?

This might sound a bit crazy, but hear me out!

Many times my kayak is in a situation of continuous use for many days without the ability to come back home, reset, clean it off and do normal maintenance.

A few times a year I basically "live" out of my kayak for five to eight days at a time and I am in and out of it all the time dragging mud, dirt, sand and everything else back into the kayak with me. I have an Outback by the way. All this mud and dirt has a real impact on the function of my center hatch after a few days.

Was just thinking a bit of pressurized water a few times a day or after I hop back in with wading boots full of sand might really help. Plus - I could see lots of other uses for it on a ten day kayak camping trip.

I am already wired up for my depth finder, so 12volt power isn't an issue. I just know that most "washdown" pumps are much more significant in both cost and size to a regular bilge pump, but to be honest I don't think I have ever even seen a washdown pump in person so I am not sure on the size factor.

Just an idea I have been playing around with and curious if anyone has tried any on-kayak solutions. The hose works great at home, but I need something for when that isn't an option. Perhaps there is a mechanical possibility out there I haven't considered.
absentx is offline   Reply With Quote