Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 04-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
JeffB

Non-yak: Mohave 4/15

So I figured I would post up, I've been off the grid lately ever since I moved out to Sin City to open up a new branch for our business. I finally got a chance to get on the water. It's been crazy with all of the work and meetings going on, not to mention the wind here. It was blowing in the 70's the week before last and up to the 50's this past week. Today was no different, but I had to get on the water. I was initially supposed to be in town to support the HOW tournament, but work kept me here. Hopefully who ever won the reels will enjoy them, and congrats since I didn't get to say so today. Alright here is my quick report. Anyone in the neighborhood just hit me up and I'll take you out on the boat.

I got up this morning with the wind blowing. It's been blowing from the 20's to 50's the last few days. So I decided to fish anyways. I ran to the warehouse to pick up the boat and then hit the road. It's about an hour fifteen minute drive to the boat launch from Vegas. I got on the water late, around 7ish, started fishing around 7:40am.

The first spot I stopped at was pretty dead, so moved on a little further up the lake. Things were slow and the wind blowing hard. I wound up hitting two deep pockets that were some what protected. The first pocket I managed a small jaw just over 18" a good 3lbs and then the second pocket I picked up four more, another over 18" and two just over 19" and one I didn't measure (about 12 1/2"). The numbers were not great, but the quality was definitely there. The biggest was pushing 3 3/4-4lbs. Very healthy fish. The big one had about four with her all the same size and bigger. The lake is in pre-spawn mode and a few spawning up on the north end. I have not seen any fry or anything in the water like most other lakes I've been to lately.

There were a few bed fish at the boat launch area posted up ready to go, nice size males, 2-3lb range. I'd love to see the ladies they attract. There were a ton of cruising fish on the lake. It was hard to tell what they all were due to the wind. I know I saw some smallies, but a good majority was most likely carp.

Picture is from the first fish of the day!
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

love them smallies...........hate the wind!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:21 AM   #3
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
So I figured I would post up...Picture is from the first fish of the day!
Awesome catch. Makes me miss my desert lakes......

goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote