Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
JD

Old #7 feedback

Anyone ever fish on the Old # 7 (6 pack charter)? If yes, i'd like to hear about your experiences from a transactional point of view.

I'd especially like to hear from you if you had a trip booked for July or Aug in San Diego.

Apparently he is going out of business and is quite slow at returning deposits.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
tattuna

I fished it for the first time this past June before they went down to SD. The best 6 pack I've ever fished. Did'nt have any problems whatsoever.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
prowlerdude

May want to post this on Bloodydecks for feedback or fallout. They used (may still) to advertise there. They also had "old #7" parties before the FHS.
prowlerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
kareem korn

I've fished with them

I chartered Jeff's boat last year in July. He and his deckhand were top notch. The boat was clean. They did'nt f around. It was all buisness. We had the boat plugged full in three hours with limits of albacore. He has an outstanding record at Cat as well on the WSB. I'm sure this economy has put a hurting on him.
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
JD

Thanks all for the insight.

There is no question in my mind that Jeff will put you right on the fish. He has a stellar reputation as a fisherman and captian. I just question his business acumen and ethics. I don't wish to sling mud, just looking to validate the story he's giving me as true.

The basic story here is that I booked a trip and he cancelled. It's been a couple of weeks and i get mixed messages about what happened.

1st story was, "there's no fish in SD yet, we're not coming down there"

2nd was mechanical problems

3rd story was that they are getting out of the fishing business and BK lawyers are involved.

My frustration comes mainly from the fact that nobody has ever called me. The only information i have gotten from Old#7 was when i called them. To make matters worse, i have called Jeff personally asking for a return call about 4 times over 3 weeks and still no call back.

I've been told time and again by the folks @ the office, "don't worry, you'll get your depost back" but when i hear "going out of business" and "you'll be contacted by Lawyers" I serously have doubts.

Hopefyully his business survives and everyone gets their money back, we'll see. Stay tuned.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
live2fishy
Fish killer

he will get your money back to you. Right now he is out fishing squid in the channel islands. Or so i have been told.
live2fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
JD

Live2fishy,

Thanks for the update. I hope this is just paranoia on my part. Are you friends with Jeff, or have some personal connection to him?

JD
Old 08-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
live2fishy
Fish killer

Nope. i was going to work with him this summer but things came up and wasnt able to. I know people who are very close friends with him and thats were i heard that info from.
live2fishy is offline   Reply With Quote