Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 01-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
stevie951
Lurker

Non Kayak Related.. Oceanside 01/29

Went to Kens this morning to do the drop and grab on some reels that where, and are in desperate need of servicing

Coming from the Inland area, down the 15 south towards Bonsall/Vista/Oceanside, the temperature slowly increased and just at about Inland Oceanside it was about 76 Degrees by 11:00am, got to the Harbor by 11:15ish and it was 68 Degrees... Wind was practically non existent, Late Jan?? I'll Take it!! Drove down the north side through the harbor area, and then back south towards the pier, mush surf.. 1-2 footers rolling in but a clear window, the two footer sets came in every 3-5 minutes it seemed, very doable, and same with the harbor mouth, easy peasy no cross swells.. Water was not dirty but mixed up, green and cloudy possibly from the recent storms but not the typical blue waters O'Side is known for Year round during the summers... All in all, beautiful day, wish I could have been on the water but had duties to tend to. If it's any consolation, about 11:30 on there where multiple PB's and what not decked to catch anything landing and loading upearly... No fish out there i'm sure still but if this is a sign of the spring to come... Bring it!!!

Attached Images

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Went to Kens this morning to do the drop and grab on some reels that where, and are in desperate need of servicing

Coming from the Inland area, down the 15 south towards Bonsall/Vista/Oceanside, the temperature slowly increased and just at about Inland Oceanside it was about 76 Degrees by 11:00am, got to the Harbor by 11:15ish and it was 68 Degrees... Wind was practically non existent, Late Jan?? I'll Take it!! Drove down the north side through the harbor area, and then back south towards the pier, mush surf.. 1-2 footers rolling in but a clear window, the two footer sets came in every 3-5 minutes it seemed, very doable, and same with the harbor mouth, easy peasy no cross swells.. Water was not dirty but mixed up, green and cloudy possibly from the recent storms but not the typical blue waters O'Side is known for Year round during the summers... All in all, beautiful day, wish I could have been on the water but had duties to tend to. If it's any consolation, about 11:30 on there where multiple PB's and what not decked to catch anything landing and loading upearly... No fish out there i'm sure still but if this is a sign of the spring to come... Bring it!!!

Where do you launch at Oceanside? I think I can save almost and hour compared to going to SD bay.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Where do you launch at Oceanside? I think I can save almost and hour compared to going to SD bay.
Boat Launch. Just be respectful as we always are, wait our turn, if necessary and stick to the furthest ramp lane if possible, 3-5 cars, every one assists each other and unloads and rigs up in a timely manner, go and pay to park, no one ever has an issue
Attached Images

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote