Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
wade

10X TOUGH!

Monday October 13, 2014 Mission Bay, San Diego.
Launched the PA at first light @ Dana Landing & headed over to meet up with everyone, but no one was to be found?
You know who was to be found?...
ToadZ.

Hauling’ in SpotZ & DotZ all day long...
Early morning working the shallows with the new DieZel Chatterbait +Sexy Mullet 5” PaddlerZ, Swim Jigs w/ 6” Sexy Mullet SwimmerZ, Reebs Bolt Thowers in Candy Apple +6” SwimmerZ Bad Shad trailer. Surface temp: 71-72, Calm, Very light surface clutter, Light traffic for a Monday, Crew training at a minimum also. Had a few ElaZtech goodies bagZ I'll save for round two...Tried hailing up Mark & BWE crew & kept on #68-72 no BWE radio traffic, but a ton o’ releases. Heres a few from today..

WATCH IN HD

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:07 AM   #2
beardedguy
gurmpy old one

Good to see everyone.

I moved north from where everyone was fishing and found some
clean water without all the loose grass. Managed 9 spotties
on plastics and 22 on the blade. Only about six were legals, but
the little guys were fun too.
Think I'll go back again today.

Hope to see everyone again soon.

Rich
beardedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
spottie_slayer

Nice vid wade
dig the sound track
spottie_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
FISH11

Another great video Wade. Sorry I missed you yesterday. I knew you where launching from Dana Landing and I was around the Sea World channel for a while. I paddled over to the Bahia point area and fished the same area as in your Video as the sun came out. I figured you had provably gone to Quivira Basin area when I didn't see you. I switched from channel 68 cause lately there has been too much chatter from War Ship 2 etc. It seems that's a popular channel for them, Vessel Assist and a lot of guys fishing out a the banks for yellows. I went to 72 but did not hear you calling, sorry. Maybe I'll see you next trip. I managed 1 legal similar to those toads you seem to catch regularly. The other 4 where shorties, all released of course. Thanks for sharing your video.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
captnblood34

Managed 2 decent spotties, and a little
guy. Launched at 7-noonish. I threw every plastic in the box and still came short. Got bumped around the boat docks more than anywhere. Good to meet you Mark and bearded guy.
Attached Images

captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
landwhale

Owner Hooks no longer has 3/8 in any hook size except the 4/0 which will work in the Zoom Flukes and 5" Paddlz by Z Man The zooms they barley fit but will work have used them with the 1/2 oz heads.

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
nacho66

It was great meet you all, had a blast. Rich as all said thanks for the blades gave one to my partner in crime "Wally" and the other I caught a short spottie. Hooked into another one on a Reebs. CaptnBlood, that monster was classic, as I said that guy had a lot of heart to take that bait. Wade, I did see you there working the shoreline by the bridge. OC Tico had to show the wife the video you were talking about. I think she wants me to go out with you guys. She has already increased my life insurance. Thanks again all, look forward to another session.
Cheers,
Nacho
nacho66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho66 View Post
It was great meet you all, had a blast. Rich as all said thanks for the blades gave one to my partner in crime "Wally" and the other I caught a short spottie. Hooked into another one on a Reebs. CaptnBlood, that monster was classic, as I said that guy had a lot of heart to take that bait. Wade, I did see you there working the shoreline by the bridge. OC Tico had to show the wife the video you were talking about. I think she wants me to go out with you guys. She has already increased my life insurance. Thanks again all, look forward to another session.
Cheers,
Nacho
Hey Nacho

Nice to meet you. If you ever want to do some fishing in Newport let me know, we could fish the harbor or go outside for some reds. FYI, my own wife has not seen the video
--John
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Monday October 13, 2014 Mission Bay, San Diego.
Launched the PA at first light @ Dana Landing & headed over to meet up with everyone, but no one was to be found?
You know who was to be found?...
ToadZ.

Hauling’ in SpotZ & DotZ all day long...
Early morning working the shallows with the new DieZel Chatterbait +Sexy Mullet 5” PaddlerZ, Swim Jigs w/ 6” Sexy Mullet SwimmerZ, Reebs Bolt Thowers in Candy Apple +6” SwimmerZ Bad Shad trailer. Surface temp: 71-72, Calm, Very light surface clutter, Light traffic for a Monday, Crew training at a minimum also. Had a few ElaZtech goodies bagZ I'll save for round two...Tried hailing up Mark & BWE crew & kept on #68-72 no BWE radio traffic, but a ton o’ releases. Heres a few from today..
Not sure what happened I had my radio on the whole time. We stayed right next to the launch pretty much all day. Looks like you did pretty good out there.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote