Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
kurt

LJ 12/1

Launched post sunrise because it took me forever to convince myself that I wouldn't regret getting out of bed and fishing despite the chill. Small waves at the launch and the wind blowing from the east. Is that onshore or offshore? Reached the first lobster pots and started yo-yoing and let the wind take me out. Ended up with a whole lot of nothing, but it was really nice on the water once the sun got high enough. Sure beats the weather in Chicago right now.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
FISHIONADO

I surfed Scipps Pier this morning, small surf but fun until the low tide killed it. Tons of bait in the surf from the parking lot to north of the pier, being chased from birds above and something below, couldn't see what. The water was very clear and about 60 degrees.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
Dan

kurt, east wind = offshore winds.

good to see you, wish i could have shown you my jumbo winter yellowtail, maybe next time!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote