Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Hye
Junior

New here too. Fishing Malibu area

Looking to better my fishing skills. Seen good informative posts here and thought this might be a good place to start. I'll be surf launching in Malibu pretty often for the rest of this month. Just north of big rock. Let me know if you think you can join. Pls have good surf launching experience. Rolling is no fun...seen how members post their day out. I'll try and do the same.
Hye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #2
Denis_Ruso

Welcome to BWE. Make sure to have all your safety gear. Never know when you might need it. The ocean can be a very unpredictable place.

Other then that Fish ON! See you around in Malibu.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
Hye
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Welcome to BWE. Make sure to have all your safety gear. Never know when you might need it. The ocean can be a very unpredictable place.

Other then that Fish ON! See you around in Malibu.
Where in Malibu do you fish? When will you be planning on going out?
Old 03-11-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
Denis_Ruso

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye View Post
Where in Malibu do you fish? When will you be planning on going out?
Well lets start off with no one in their right mind will give away their fishing spots online where hundreds of people read posts everyday. So I fish just about everywhere up and down Malibu.

I don't have any plans to go out next as the weather forecast is questionable this weekend. So tentatively, I should be out there next weekend if the conditions are good.

Have you been out a lot or are you just starting out?
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
Hye
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Well lets start off with no one in their right mind will give away their fishing spots online where hundreds of people read posts everyday. So I fish just about everywhere up and down Malibu.

I don't have any plans to go out next as the weather forecast is questionable this weekend. So tentatively, I should be out there next weekend if the conditions are good.

Have you been out a lot or are you just starting out?
I'm not just starting. Well, I've been fishing all my life (I'm 34) and had my kayak for a year. I'm pretty sure I've had more surf launches in that year than the average kayaker. I guess I'm saying I'm confident in my surf launch/beaching ability. Up to these last two months I have fished county line area. Now I have access to Las Flores beach so I have been taking advantage of this. I get that you don't want to give up your "fishing spots". I was more asking where you launch and what you target. There aren't to many kayak friendly beaches in Malibu.
I might not know all the pros and cons on forums and might be asking wrong questions. A couple members pm me already. My hope is to fish and catch more. That's why I'm here and that's why I'm posting. If I was mistaken let me know.
I'll be fishing all month except Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Maybe some sunset fishing on those days. Let me know. I don't bite. But the calicoes on my waypoints do😊
Old 03-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #6
Cesar teran
Junior

Are you interested in anything besides calicoes?
Cesar teran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #7
Hye
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar teran View Post
Are you interested in anything besides calicoes?
Yes! Lol. Been having a hard time finding anything else.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #8
2-Stix

look for the sport boats. when there out, thats a good guide to whats going on. its been pretty slow the last few months.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:10 PM   #9
otterpupster

Send a message via MSN to otterpupster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye View Post
Looking to better my fishing skills. Seen good informative posts here and thought this might be a good place to start. I'll be surf launching in Malibu pretty often for the rest of this month. Just north of big rock. Let me know if you think you can join. Pls have good surf launching experience. Rolling is no fun...seen how members post their day out. I'll try and do the same.
Just a headsup check ur charts as to the marine protected areas in rd Malibu to Zuma Beach.Otherwise check w/DFG
otterpupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #10
Hye
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterpupster View Post
Just a headsup check ur charts as to the marine protected areas in rd Malibu to Zuma Beach.Otherwise check w/DFG
Just looked. The area I'm at seems to be ok. Thanks🍻